So i bought the Wii u now, not sure if i should keep it.

#1greatone101Posted 3/18/2013 10:27:36 AM
I just bought the Zombie U bundle on a impulse buy and have some questions before i take it out of the box cause right now im having buyers remorse.

1. Can i download full Wii U games on it?
2. Do i need the stupid friend code crap to play online?
3. Can i connect a external hard drive on it to download stuff to it or to put movies on it and play it via the Wii u?
4. Does the Wii u do this? (When my original PS3 broke everything i bought on the PS store with my PSN account i was able to get on my new PS3 when i got it without re buying everything)
5. Homebrew yet?
6. Should i just return it?
#2DinglesteedPosted 3/18/2013 10:29:25 AM
greatone101 posted...
I just bought the Zombie U bundle on a impulse buy and have some questions before i take it out of the box cause right now im having buyers remorse.

3. Can i connect a external hard drive on it to download stuff to it or to put movies on it and play it via the Wii u?
4. Does the Wii u do this? (When my original PS3 broke everything i bought on the PS store with my PSN account i was able to get on my new PS3 when i got it without re buying everything)
5. Homebrew yet?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes hard drive, not sure about movies
4. Yes, Nintendo can transfer yout licenses I believe
5. No
6. I dunno? I love mine but everyone has their own opinion.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 3/18/2013 10:32:29 AM(edited)
greatone101 posted...

5. Homebrew yet?

1) Yes, for the most part, but why would you?

2) No.

3) You can use an external HDD for games. Not sure about digital movies, but likely not.

4) No. (Well, you have to call Nintendo and go through a process. But they don't link your games to an account)

5)...

6) Probably. I'm not sure why you'd buy it in the first place knowing so little about it. If you're interested in the games, though, keep it. That's all that really matters.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#4Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 3/18/2013 10:34:02 AM
I dont hav a problem with friend codes necessarily... i jus hav a problem with not bein able to invite a friend to a game or to a party chat while we play different games
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#5picanoPosted 3/18/2013 10:34:50 AM
1) Yes, you can download full games. Not necessarily all games, but at least all Nintendo ones and most popular ones.

2) No friend codes. User ID based. (It's in the FAQ...)

3) External harddrives can be used, but they can ONLY be used by the Wii U --- no videos from the PC, no partitioning, etc. (Again, the FAQ)

4) Currently you'll have to contact Nintendo. Although purchases are tied to name (although usable by everyone on the console), you cannot currently log in to an account on a new Wii U without Nintendo's assistance. (So, having them repair it is fine but replacing it via the store isn't)

5) No and you should feel ashamed for asking. (Just kidding about the 2nd part, virtual Wii is almost fully hackable --- but less ways to restore it in case of issue, so be wary)

6) Do you like the games available? Do you like Nintendo games that you know will come out? I love the console and use it a ton so far for (mostly local, atm) multiplayer Wii U titles and Wii titles (for convenience).
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#6rudgerlightPosted 3/18/2013 10:38:27 AM
1) yes, but don't bother unless you buy an external or just want the smaller titles
2) no
3) yes for games, unsure about movies cause I've never tried Amazon Prime - although you can stream from your computer using the web browser
4) yes, but create a Club Nintendo account and register your products just to be safe
5) no
6) no
#7DDP886Posted 3/18/2013 10:41:32 AM(edited)
greatone101 posted...

5. Homebrew yet?

yea return it, i bought a launch unit and i sold it for 210 the other day. i was able to atleast recoup some of the value for it. i waited long enough but there still is no games for this system
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#8powerade911Posted 3/18/2013 10:48:00 AM
DDP886 posted...
greatone101 posted...

5. Homebrew yet?

yea return it, i bought a launch unit and i sold it for 210 the other day. i was able to atleast recoup some of the value for it. i waited long enough but there still is no games for this system

4 months is "long enough?"
---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS friend code: 2852-7176-3469 NNID: DarkBright
#9AlexPumaPosted 3/18/2013 10:56:46 AM
If you ended up buying the system, might as well just keep it unless you're really short on space. The game selection now is rather slim, but they are going to come out in a year or two like most new console releases.

From what I hear, you can download full games on it, but its smart to have an external HDD for those if you decide to go that route, as the flash memory is rather tiny even for the biggest SKU.

And if you're really concerned for digital movies and stuff, I'm sure its not going to be as feature rich as the PS3 is currently is, since Sony cares more about stuff like that than Nintendo.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#10Gamer0561Posted 3/18/2013 11:09:01 AM
Keep it in it's box and set it away. When there's something that comes out for it you want, open the box and have fun. If there is nothing by the end of this year, Sell it.
---
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanHater