NOA was lazy, and missed a decent system seller.

#1iKhanicPosted 3/18/2013 12:41:00 PM
If NOA wasn't so lazy and actually bothered to localize Pandora's Tower themselves, they could have easily made it into a Wii U game with a few extra features, and release it as a timed Wii U exclusive like they did with Twilight Princess.

That would have definitely helped initial sales for the Wii U. Now we have a highly anticipated game coming out for Nintendo's dying console rather than their newer one.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2jbhensPosted 3/18/2013 1:16:54 PM
Im not sure that game would have helped sell systems.
#3ADHDguitarPosted 3/18/2013 1:17:57 PM
jbhens posted...

This.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Beatperson14Posted 3/18/2013 1:19:10 PM
jbhens posted...

Yeah plus I would consider it stupid not lazy. I mean the game's coming out still. They just didn't think 'derp U needs games'
#5KahrainPosted 3/18/2013 1:25:28 PM
I agree that NoA is lazy. They seem to intentionally avoid localizing games with good amounts of text and voice if it isn't a franchise they know will sell well.

That said, Pandora's Tower is not a system seller. It probably is a must buy if you own a Wii or Wii U though.
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens
#6nintendoman562Posted 3/18/2013 1:33:22 PM
They could've honestly made it a system seller. Use the touch screen to aim the whip, it has pretty good graphics (would've been even better in 1080p) and it would've been that epic adventure that the Wii U desperately needs. They could've done the same thing with The Last Story.
#7plasmatic5Posted 3/18/2013 1:35:52 PM
Kahrain posted...
I agree that NoA is lazy. They seem to intentionally avoid localizing games with good amounts of text and voice if it isn't a franchise they know will sell well.

That said, Pandora's Tower is not a system seller. It probably is a must buy if you own a Wii or Wii U though.

That's not necessarily stupid...that's called business. They considered Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade and The Last Story to be very risky moves. And quite frankly, they were. Just because they didn't want to take the risk, doesn't mean they're lazy. The only reason Xenoblade and The Last Story are worth so much is because of how rare they are...only one or two prints if I remember correctly. XSeed didn't really go all out with these games because they were risky. And knowing Nintendo, they probably would have tried to make it much more available which can be a risky move.

With that said, I am quite glad XSeed decided to publish Xenoblade for the US because it is one of my favorite recent games.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#8The_HyphenatorPosted 3/18/2013 1:39:00 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
With that said, I am quite glad XSeed decided to publish Xenoblade for the US because it is one of my favorite recent games.

Minor correction: XSEED didn't publish Xenoblade in the US, Nintendo did. They just did it in a limited-release arrangement. XSEED did, however, publish Last Story and is going to be publishing Pandora's Tower.
#9rockyminPosted 3/18/2013 1:40:31 PM
Uh, you can play Pandora's Tower on the Wii U when it comes out.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#10Hercik1Posted 3/18/2013 1:45:56 PM
The_Hyphenator posted...
plasmatic5 posted...

Minor correction: XSEED didn't publish Xenoblade in the US, Nintendo did. They just did it in a limited-release arrangement. XSEED did, however, publish Last Story and is going to be publishing Pandora's Tower.

Also to add to this the only reason they decided to publish Pandora's Tower is because Last Story sold so well. They announced it was there most successive game ever. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/the-last-story-is-xseeds-most-successful-game-and-now-its-che/