NOA was lazy, and missed a decent system seller.

#21iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 3:11:07 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
Kahrain posted...
I agree that NoA is lazy. They seem to intentionally avoid localizing games with good amounts of text and voice if it isn't a franchise they know will sell well.

That said, Pandora's Tower is not a system seller. It probably is a must buy if you own a Wii or Wii U though.

That's not necessarily stupid...that's called business. They considered Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade and The Last Story to be very risky moves. And quite frankly, they were. Just because they didn't want to take the risk, doesn't mean they're lazy. The only reason Xenoblade and The Last Story are worth so much is because of how rare they are...only one or two prints if I remember correctly. XSeed didn't really go all out with these games because they were risky. And knowing Nintendo, they probably would have tried to make it much more available which can be a risky move.

With that said, I am quite glad XSeed decided to publish Xenoblade for the US because it is one of my favorite recent games.

It would have made sense pre-operation rainfall, but NOA should have observed after that that they should go through with the localization themselves after operation rainfall happened. Gamestop can hardly keep Xenoblade Chronicles on their shelves.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#22MD1500Posted 3/18/2013 3:15:07 PM
Pandora's Tower is not a good game.
It is by far the worst of the three Rainfall games. It was lucky really that it got caught up by the Xenoblade hype.
#23BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/18/2013 3:16:26 PM(edited)
Pandora's Tower is an awesome game, but sadly a niche one. Not that it has to be like that, it's just the reality of the matter.

I'm not sure those who're saying it's not good have played it. The majority opinion here on gamefaqs from people who played all three is Xenoblade > Pandora's Tower > The Last Story.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#24nickvd8Posted 3/18/2013 3:22:24 PM
Pandora's Tower is way too niche to sell systems. And even still you can play it on Wii U anyways so why even bother complaining about something so insignificant?
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#25IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/18/2013 4:31:19 PM
Put it simple, Nintendo has a tendency to make some godawful decisions at times. Not getting to work right away on publishing these three games in North America was one of the major whoppers. Yes, they are niche, but sometimes those niche games actually increase sales overall because it shows that Nintendo can go beyond the four main IPs they fall back on.

Another thing that simultaneously leaves me scratching my head while also making my blood boil is why the ****ing hell Nintendo would buy majority rights for the Fatal Frame IP (one of my all time favorite series no less), but then NOT publish the Fatal Frame 2 remake in North America themselves? Seriously, what kind of garbage is that? Further, NoE hasn't said anything about Kirby's Dream Collection releasing in that territory as well. Granted, I know Sony's done similar stuff before as well, but still, Nintendo has been especially bad with this.

They need to fire some of the people responsible for localization management, and get folks whom actually want to see games get released globally within a close timeframe from one another.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#26Petey_MeanisPosted 3/18/2013 4:42:14 PM
From: DarkAdonis123 | Posted: 3/18/2013 6:42:34 PM | #020
It's not a system seller for Wii. What would have magically made it a Wii U seller?

this.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#27Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/18/2013 4:51:32 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Put it simple, Nintendo has a tendency to make some godawful decisions at times. Not getting to work right away on publishing these three games in North America was one of the major whoppers. Yes, they are niche, but sometimes those niche games actually increase sales overall because it shows that Nintendo can go beyond the four main IPs they fall back on.

Another thing that simultaneously leaves me scratching my head while also making my blood boil is why the ****ing hell Nintendo would buy majority rights for the Fatal Frame IP (one of my all time favorite series no less), but then NOT publish the Fatal Frame 2 remake in North America themselves? Seriously, what kind of garbage is that? Further, NoE hasn't said anything about Kirby's Dream Collection releasing in that territory as well. Granted, I know Sony's done similar stuff before as well, but still, Nintendo has been especially bad with this.

They need to fire some of the people responsible for localization management, and get folks whom actually want to see games get released globally within a close timeframe from one another.

You really can't blame them when the bulk of American gamers these days can't appreciate games that don't involve gunning down everything that moves. Don't blame NoA, blame the creepy sexual fetish America has for firearms.
#28toad133Posted 3/18/2013 4:54:53 PM(edited)
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Pandora's Tower is an awesome game, but sadly a niche one. Not that it has to be like that, it's just the reality of the matter.

I'm not sure those who're saying it's not good have played it. The majority opinion here on gamefaqs from people who played all three is Xenoblade > Pandora's Tower > The Last Story.

Keep in mind very few people have actually played all three games.

The Pandora's Tower message board here has ten pages of topics. Last Story has six times that amount. Xenoblade even more. The majority of which you speak is actually a very small slice of the pie (GFAQs itself is very small in perspective), and even if it turns out people love it endearingly, those who aren't fond of it are still entitled to an opinion.

And there is no way, IMO, that Pandora's Tower would have saved the Wii U. I think it would be far more likely that it would have fanned the 'doomed' flames currently arising.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#29IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/18/2013 5:19:19 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...

You really can't blame them when the bulk of American gamers these days can't appreciate games that don't involve gunning down everything that moves. Don't blame NoA, blame the creepy sexual fetish America has for firearms.

Ha ha, the pendulum does swing both ways. While I agree that North American gamers can be pretty bad about firearm based games, it's been statistically proven that even RPGs sell better in America than they do in Europe, even Survival Horror games too. There's a market, I just feel NoA doesn't want to take a gamble and advertise it properly.

Though I am sure if they were asked about it by another publisher at this point, they'd say yes to letting it get published by another publisher like XSEED, in spite of what the VP said, I actually expressed how I felt in a mature fashion, and the admin of the forums was a gentleman and a scholar. **LOL** The admin of the forums said it isn't looking likely, but if the game ended up in their lap, they'd do it.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#30robertwarnes91Posted 3/18/2013 5:53:08 PM
Pandora's Tower is not a system seller. When it was released in the UK last year, it debut at no.38 on the Top 40 Video Game Sales according to GFK Chart Track. The following week it fell off the top 40 completety. In other words, it was a failure.

But nonetheless it's good to see a USA release is happening, I thought Pandora's Tower was an excellent game. A great combination of genres and ideas.
---
I shoot first, drink brandy later.
MY VIDEO REVIEWS: http://www.youtube.com/user/WindyCornerTV