Played NSMBU today in a store... controls seem pretty awkward.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Played NSMBU today in a store... controls seem pretty awkward.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#1
Mostly the button mapping... with Y & B being the run buttons and X & A being the jump buttons. I'm used to the B being the jump button and using the Y button for running in a Mario game... this is just pretty awkward.

Is there no way to change it? (outside of playing with a Wiimote).
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: spealfan444

spealfan444
3 years ago#2
Yes there is, at least in the full game.
Not sure about demos at stores.
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
3 years ago#3
IIRC, the default setting is not the one you mentioned, but the one you're used to. Like in all previous NSMB games.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: HaloOfTheSun442

HaloOfTheSun442
3 years ago#4
That is not the default control scheme.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
3 years ago#5
Well, that's good to know then :)
I found looking at the Gamepad rather pleasant. I preferred that above the big screen 2 ft in front of me.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#6
Yeah, ever since Nintendo went standardized with their button layouts, Mario game controls haven't been too good.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
3 years ago#7
Pretty sure you can swap them.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
3 years ago#8
Personally, I just don't get why the Mushroom Kingdom feels like Bowser coated the entire thing with butter.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
3 years ago#9
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Personally, I just don't get why the Mushroom Kingdom feels like Bowser coated the entire thing with butter.

It's a high gloss finish. Makes it look oily.

All the games have a certain aesthetic
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
3 years ago#10
Xenesis Xenon posted...

Because he will release the big butter-eating monster in the sequel.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Played NSMBU today in a store... controls seem pretty awkward.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived