Someone explain how "B-b-but Sony!" is a good defense?

#21mini_blightPosted 3/18/2013 5:50:44 PM
GloryChaos posted...

Trolling tactic 101 is to compare whatever you're trolling to whatever the rival is. Most of those people aren't really fanboys of anything. They just want to annoy people. Stooping to their level has no effect on them and grants your immediate loss in whatever the argument was.

No, it's a valid defense because a lot of the hate directed at Nintendo are for things Sony and MS do all the time and get away with it.
#22Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/18/2013 6:03:17 PM
It might not validate anything, but it does a good job at invalidating the whining, and its effectiveness is proven by topics like this one springing up, just as the effectiveness of trolls is proven by anti-troll topics being made.

Digging into the subject a little deeper, why complain at Nintendo's fans? It's not like they're they ones who decide how Nintendo does things. The only thing that could possibly come of it is annoying people who enjoy the same hobby that you do. Of course, I doubt there are many people who believe that that isn't exactly what your intention is.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#23squatch22Posted 3/18/2013 6:04:54 PM
mini_blight posted...
GloryChaos posted...

Trolling tactic 101 is to compare whatever you're trolling to whatever the rival is. Most of those people aren't really fanboys of anything. They just want to annoy people. Stooping to their level has no effect on them and grants your immediate loss in whatever the argument was.

No, it's a valid defense because a lot of the hate directed at Nintendo are for things Sony and MS do all the time and get away with it.

/topic
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#24NintyPower101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 6:18:22 PM
I think the people who resort to this defense cannot handle that Nintendo makes mistakes, and are overly defensive.

There's no way that EVERY single person who points out a flaw of the Wii U hates Nintendo, champions Sony, and wants Nintendo to fail. There is just no way.

So, WHY is this the go-to defense?

Is it possible to discuss the Wii U's issues without someone pointing out that Sony went through the same thing, without discussing what Sony did to solve that?

That would make the discussion relevant, instead of just posting a 5+ year old article and calling it a post.
#25Monkey_FuPosted 3/18/2013 7:16:19 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.....
Unless your the one with a gun and nobody is around
#26DarthFloatyPosted 3/18/2013 8:12:55 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Because half of the people whining about Nintendo are on Sony's balls.

Agree. Maybe not the best "defense", but this is true.
#27sonic777Posted 3/19/2013 10:49:26 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Because half of the people whining about Nintendo are on Sony's balls.

Agree. Maybe not the best "defense", but this is true.

Wow. Just wow.

TC gets proved right in post 2 and this one.
#28NintyPower101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:04:28 PM
Bump