Wii U sales weakest ever for any system!

#1FPS_hitmanPosted 3/18/2013 5:45:44 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-15-north-american-wii-u-sales-show-dismal-start-to-2013

Published Friday, 15 March 2013

Nintendo's Wii U has had a torrid start to 2013. The struggling console sold around 64,000 units in North America last month, while Microsoft's ageing Xbox 360 managed 302,000.

February's Wii U figures were up slightly on January - Nintendo managed to shift just 57,000 then, Gamasutra reported.

There's been no real change in the console's fortunes, however. January's figure was apparently lower due to the number of second-hand consoles on the market immediately after Christmas.

Wii U sold less in January than the weakest ever months for PlayStation 2, Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360 and the original Wii.

It's worth bearing in mind that GameCube and Wii sales only ebbed that low right before their successor consoles came out - not three months after their launch, as the Wii U has done.

Other figures also need context: the original Xbox's lowest point was just before that console's price cut, PlayStation 3 was significantly higher priced than Wii U, while PS2's lowest ever week was likely due to post-launch stock shortages.

Xbox 360 held onto the top-selling console spot for its 26th straight month, Microsoft has boasted. More money was spent on Xbox 360 hardware, games and accessories than any other platform.

Worldwide Wii U sales have been stuck in the doldrums ever since Christmas. Nintendo's console was outsold by the nine-year-old PSP last week in Japan, and has been having a hard time in Europe, too.
#2Petey_MeanisPosted 3/18/2013 5:47:43 PM

old. article has been discussed already in another topic.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#3FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:48:13 PM
Graph and numbers in the article link above. And whats to stop it from getting worse? A lego game or monster hunter? Then months of drought again..... this is gonna be bad!
#4LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/18/2013 5:48:47 PM
FPS_Hitman, this board misses you!

not really
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#5FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:49:51 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...

old. article has been discussed already in another topic.

sorry hadnt seen it. All I see is people here claiming other systems had launches worse or just as bad but this proves the Wii U is the all time worst selling system ever.
#6SS4_NamreppivPosted 3/18/2013 5:52:10 PM
Ya know, it's funny, people like to post these topics about how great the older systems are 'selling' compared to the new hardware. However, one thing that nobody looks at is this: How many of these new sales are for replacement units, or maybe someone just bought an extra console so they don't have to move one around from room to room... Does anyone remember when the PS2 was outselling the PS3 and 360?
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#7muffinmasherPosted 3/18/2013 5:55:52 PM
Alright, somebody help me out here, am I supposed to call him a fanboy or a troll?
I've been getting confused with all the topics recently.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#8SS4_NamreppivPosted 3/18/2013 5:56:41 PM
Fantrollboy?
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#9FPS_hitman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:56:53 PM
muffinmasher posted...
Alright, somebody help me out here, am I supposed to call him a fanboy or a troll?
I've been getting confused with all the topics recently.

whatever I am supposed to be called for posting an article with real numbers and facts in it.
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/18/2013 5:57:00 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Ya know, it's funny, people like to post these topics about how great the older systems are 'selling' compared to the new hardware. However, one thing that nobody looks at is this: How many of these new sales are for replacement units, or maybe someone just bought an extra console so they don't have to move one around from room to room... Does anyone remember when the PS2 was outselling the PS3 and 360?

Pretty sure that was because the PS2 was a superior console in terms of cost-to-quality ratio. Just like the DS, and I suspect, the 3DS. Plus they have traditional RPGs, something console kiddies obviously don't respect anymore, and older RPG fans probably outnumber the infernal FPS tweens by respectable margin.