Nintendo fans why do you love nintendo so much.

#21DynheartPosted 3/18/2013 7:10:20 PM
I like all gaming consoles. But if I had a bias, it would be towards Nintendo (everyone has a bias, hey would be lying otherwise...ask them to pick their one platform to go alone on an island with...there you go).

Why do I like Nintendo so much? For one, I grew up with them since Nintendo became a gaming company for one. For two, I like their games, and their philosophy/approach to gaming with how the industry is today; it's a breath of fresh air (or a twist on old school air, depending on how you look at it). It's just simple gaming fun to me, and that's what I want in one of my options for gaming. Simple. Fun. To the point. Not bogged down with too many options, but just the right amount.

To me, Nintendo has perfected this formula. To me, Nintendo is about games...not about Hardware (although they make hardware). But that's why I can enjoy Nintendo games...because I'm about the games. Hardware is secondary to me. If I want cutting edge, I'll game on my PC.
---
Currently playing: Fear, Mighty Switch Force HDE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
#22jn20200(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 7:14:07 PM
Dynheart posted...
I like all gaming consoles. But if I had a bias, it would be towards Nintendo (everyone has a bias, hey would be lying otherwise...ask them to pick their one platform to go alone on an island with...there you go).

Why do I like Nintendo so much? For one, I grew up with them since Nintendo became a gaming company for one. For two, I like their games, and their philosophy/approach to gaming with how the industry is today; it's a breath of fresh air (or a twist on old school air, depending on how you look at it). It's just simple gaming fun to me, and that's what I want in one of my options for gaming. Simple. Fun. To the point. Not bogged down with too many options, but just the right amount.

To me, Nintendo has perfected this formula. To me, Nintendo is about games...not about Hardware (although they make hardware). But that's why I can enjoy Nintendo games...because I'm about the games. Hardware is secondary to me. If I want cutting edge, I'll game on my PC.

I agree its about games first but it seems as if Nintendo being behind in hardware actually limited 3rd party support which caused the Wii library to be very small. Nintendo puts out fun games put i feel its not enough on their own they need better 3rd party support.
#23HaigicotsuPosted 3/18/2013 7:15:51 PM
Xenoblade, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, etc. I think the Wii had some pretty good third party support.
---
UMVC3 --Nemesis/Phoenix Wright/ Akuma
#24teamaquashockPosted 3/18/2013 7:15:51 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Games.

---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#25Jaime_BennPosted 3/18/2013 7:25:41 PM(edited)
Haigicotsu posted...
Xenoblade, No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, etc. I think the Wii had some pretty good third party support.

Well, Xenoblade isn't by a 3rd party developer. Nintendo bought Monolith soft a few years ago.

And WTF at your UMvC3 team. Has to be one of most unique teams I have ever seen. My "main team" is Nova/Frank/Hawkeye. I heard Skrull has good synergy with Frank though and can help set things up to level Frank up. I did enjoy using Modak in Vanilla, but mainly for that physical attack shield thing. All the Akuma players I played online just did tatsu spams and the shield pretty much stopped them.
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#26coriander36Posted 3/18/2013 7:27:46 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Games.
#27RockD79Posted 3/18/2013 7:29:01 PM
I was 6 years old in '85 when I first played Super Mario Bros. Owning a 7800, it blew my mind. It was state of the art. Finally got the NES for Christmas a year later. Now of course over the years I was introduced to other systems which I still play to this day. It's just that Nintendo will always have a place on my entertainment center regardless of what else is available at the time. Can't say it was the beginning of my video game playing but it's been around the longest.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#28zender1999Posted 3/18/2013 7:29:14 PM
games, good hardware, and just great games, they always deliver
#29SagadegoPosted 3/18/2013 7:30:13 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Their first party titles. Which is the main reason I buy Nintendo systems to begin with.

---
Netflix has a rental service, but it isn't a rental service. - Demondog666
#30CGoblinsPosted 3/18/2013 7:41:47 PM
jn20200 posted...
Nintendo finds the cheapest way to release consoles while Sony and Microsoft takes risks which i think at the end of the day gives their consumers a better product that does more.

The risks point I don't get.. How exactly did Sony and Microsoft make risks that Nintendo didn't take? Isn't the Move and Eye direct ripoffs of Nintendo's inovation last gen? Wasn't the Virtual Console first?

But to answer your question... you're kind of right and it's just the childhood thing mentioned previously for me as well. That and I think Nintendo is more likely to give me games that fit the lifestyle I see for myself over the next few years. More of a casual gamer.

The games I like on the Playstation require more time investment. But I'll still probably get one of those too... I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy. I'm a gaming fanboy.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82
Playing: Nothing