Nintendo fans why do you love nintendo so much.

#91jsb0714Posted 3/19/2013 7:54:18 AM
jn20200 posted...
Nintendo finds the cheapest way to release consoles while Sony and Microsoft takes risks which i think at the end of the day gives their consumers a better product that does more.

How the hell do Sony and Microsoft take risks?!
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#92AlphrinPosted 3/19/2013 8:36:35 AM
Part of it is the nostalgia, but that doesn't cover the whole reason. Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt was the first video game I ever played, and the NES was the first system my family ever owned. I feel like Nintendo (and more specifically, Super Mario) has been one of those "constants" throughout my life. Almost as far back as I can remember, I have always anticipated playing Mario games. If you go back to me as a five year old and ask me "What are you excited about?", a new Mario game would be one of the answers. If you ask that question to me today, I'd give you that same answer.

I'm a Mario fan first and foremost, and the rest of my gaming likes and dislikes stem from that. As such, I am drawn towards all of Nintendo's IPs as they all share that same elegant simplicity and creative art direction. I still play and enjoy games on other systems; I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 and Red Dead Redemption right now, in fact, but those kinds of games will never be as appealing to me as the fanciful worlds of Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, or Kirby.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#93cavebear56Posted 3/19/2013 8:39:08 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
Games.

This.

Also next time TC try to keep your nauseating bias from spilling forth.

You fanboys are a laughable bunch TC.

I could post a huge lists of how terrible Sony and Microsoft have been in relation to Nintendo. How about how they dropped the ball with digital prices? Paying for online found free elsewhere? How about removing functionality? How about how PS Plus still fails utterly when compared to the competition?

See how easy that is...sorry I'll just keep enjoying all my systems because of what they offer.

One day TC, one day I hope you grow up and think for yourself rather than to continue being a sheep.

http://youtu.be/kFWiqhMJzvs
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#94CGoblinsPosted 3/19/2013 3:48:53 PM
cavebear56 posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Games.

This.

Also next time TC try to keep your nauseating bias from spilling forth.

You fanboys are a laughable bunch TC.

I could post a huge lists of how terrible Sony and Microsoft have been in relation to Nintendo. How about how they dropped the ball with digital prices? Paying for online found free elsewhere? How about removing functionality? How about how PS Plus still fails utterly when compared to the competition?

See how easy that is...sorry I'll just keep enjoying all my systems because of what they offer.

One day TC, one day I hope you grow up and think for yourself rather than to continue being a sheep.

http://youtu.be/kFWiqhMJzvs

I thought TC was fairly mild in his bias. Bias is okay... At least tell the truth. So long as you aren't being hateful or mean just because your opinion is different... Oh wait... then he'd be acting like you.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82
Playing: Nothing
#95ballermat982Posted 3/19/2013 4:11:11 PM
I love their games. IMO they make the greatest games. I personally love the Wii and think it actually was a bigger risk than the PS3 or 360 because of the commitment to motion controls.
#96jorheadPosted 3/19/2013 4:27:12 PM
Somehow I always end up with a nintendo console even tho I dont really care for their games. The will pretty much killed it for me, problems I have with my left arm makes the motion controlled aspect a no go.

Wife likes it and I think my kid will as well. I remember trying to play sid meirs pirates for the wii, what a disaster that was lol.

Nintendo is not bad, and I still love zelda, think I outgrew mario.

I dont get all the hate, you can find good games on just about any sysytem if try, loyalty to this stuff remeinds me of politics or college football fans. Just blind hatred without any reason to it.
---
XBL GT is Ruthless4u
#97NejiHyuga900Posted 3/19/2013 7:18:43 PM(edited)
The games: Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros.,

Backward Compatibility (although SNES, N64, and GameCube lacked those but there was a 3rd party add-on for SNES to make it backwards compatible with NES games) and Virtual Console games (since the Wii).

And I started off with the SNES as my first video game console and I loved it when I was a kid (but I missed the N64) but throughout the 7th generation of video games, I've been sticking with Xbox 360 but as of 8th generation, I am back as a Nintendo gamer... actually I have always been a Nintendo gamer, as well as a gamer for other companies like Microsoft and Sony (although I have only been a Sony game for PS2).
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#98FuzzyJelloPosted 3/19/2013 7:41:36 PM
Their simplicity and general consistency. They've been stuck in a differnet mindset regarding game design and consoles for so long that it stopped being backward and suddenly became very distinctive shortly into the Wii era.

If anything, they need to learn how to actually change up their franchises, what with Other M and Skyward Sword being messes (One more so than the other) oozing with ambition.

jsb0714 posted...
jn20200 posted...
Nintendo finds the cheapest way to release consoles while Sony and Microsoft takes risks which i think at the end of the day gives their consumers a better product that does more.

How the hell do Sony and Microsoft take risks?!

Acting as if there is no alternative to selling consoles at a loss day one? The Cell Processor? The PS3's Blu-Ray drive? Kinect?

Not all of these turn out well, nothing in that list does, but they are certainly risks.