How many games per year do most people buy?

#1allchiefedupPosted 3/19/2013 3:27:09 AM
On release day I bought NSMBU, ZombiU, nintendoland, Assassins creed 3 and darksiders 2. I haven't bought any games since then. The only "planned" games I'm going to buy are Monster Hunter, the Lego Marvel game and any of the "big" games like 3D mario, zelda. Thats 9 games and enough to satisfy me for 1 year. How many do each of you tend to buy?
#2Traptin3daysPosted 3/19/2013 3:45:18 AM
Too many...
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#3darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/19/2013 3:47:42 AM
Depends on the flippin person, now don't et!? Sorry, that was uncalled for, but that's what happens when you spend to much flippin time with Lord High Lord of the Fairies mun!
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#4elbarto1Posted 3/19/2013 3:48:25 AM
If you count all systems ( I have alot of retro consoles) than I have already bought around 25-30 games this year. If you count only current gen consoles I think I bought around 10 so far.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#5GamerJMPosted 3/19/2013 3:49:31 AM(edited)
Across all consoles? Depends. Last year was the first year I ever got into PC gaming and as a result I bought like almost 100 games, but like half of those were Steam games I bought for a couple dollars and then never played. 2011 had like 70 new games but that was bolstered by the 3DS ambassador games. I'd say this gen, I usually get at least 50 games a year, including downloadable titles.

When I was younger that number was much smaller, since I didn't have as much spending money, I usually bought games at full price, and there were no download titles. It was probably like.....15-20 games a year last-gen.

This year has been really slow so far though, I've only bought like four games.
---
www.backloggery.com/gamerjm http://i.imgur.com/2fkkJaJ.png
"they should lock you up and throw away the key"-jobb_UC on me
#6lninjasoniclPosted 3/19/2013 3:50:01 AM
Usually about a desk full
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#7GencoilPosted 3/19/2013 3:52:19 AM
On an average I buy maybe 1-2 new games per month. It depends, sometimes there's droughts and sometimes there's a heap of games coming out within the same period.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#8twistedreality1Posted 3/19/2013 3:59:07 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Depends on the flippin person, now don't et!? Sorry, that was uncalled for, but that's what happens when you spend to much flippin time with Lord High Lord of the Fairies mun!

haha great game
---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/19/2013 4:03:12 AM(edited)
I try to keep it down to one purchase a month. I'm often unsuccessful, especially when it comes to inexpensive games. This month I bought Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Crisis Core: FF7, and FF7 (nostalgia struck thanks to previous purchase), and I might not wait until next month to buy Pandora's Tower.

darkqueenhelba posted...

Haa, I could tell whose influence that was as soon as I started reading! Ni no Kuni is stuck waiting for me to get back to it, about 10 hours in, shortly after becoming able to recruit monsters. At the very least, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (probably approaching the halfway mark) and Tales of Graces f (pretty close to the end) stand in its way.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10McmadnessV3Posted 3/19/2013 4:01:15 AM
About ten or so.

I don't get a lot of disposable income so I have to be choosy for what games I get.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.