After using BC did the Wii have the best games last gen?

#11jakestar0306Posted 3/19/2013 6:57:28 AM
ShinChuck posted...
On the flipside, a Wii/PC combo last gen was pretty beastly. You missed out on some exclusives like God of War or Halo, but you earned superior versions of games like Call of Duty, Deus Ex, Skyrim and so forth through the PC. Meanwhile, many of the Wii's exclusives were simply not available anywhere else.

This. Wii was best for exclusives, PC for everything else. 360 was best for paying for ads, and PS3 was best for unnecessary trash-talking.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#12plasmatic5Posted 3/19/2013 7:09:07 AM
I think the Wii had the best games last gen because most of great ones were exclusive to the Wii. In fact, in a discussion about system with best games, I feel like you should automatically throw out multi-plats simply because what's the point of comparing consoles if we're looking at the same content (unless you want to actually delve into that specific content and compare versions...)

But the Wii had
Skyward Sword
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
2 great Kirby games
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story (From what I've heard...haven't played it)
Monster Hunter Tri
Dragon Quest Swords (it was actually quite fun if not frustrating at times)
Zack and Wiki (such an amazing puzzle game...I wish we would get a sequel)
Fortune Street (great game if you like Monopoly)
And many more that I know I'm forgetting but am too lazy to go to the other room to look...

And that's not to say that the PS3 or 360 didn't have great exclusives. Ni no Kuni was amazing. Infamous 1 and 2 were great. I also really loved Halo 3...Halo 4 was alright, but 3 was an amazing game. Viva Pinata was fun. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was incredibly fun (so underrated since it wasn't like the others). Fable 2 was a fantastic game and 3 was one of the biggest letdowns in history.

If anything, it really seemed that last gen, if you had 3rd party support on the Wii, it was exclusive to the Wii...which to me is way better 3rd Party. But maybe I just haven't played as many games on the PS360. I'll admit that.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#13HelloMiamotoPosted 3/19/2013 7:31:48 AM
jakestar0306 posted...
ShinChuck posted...
On the flipside, a Wii/PC combo last gen was pretty beastly. You missed out on some exclusives like God of War or Halo, but you earned superior versions of games like Call of Duty, Deus Ex, Skyrim and so forth through the PC. Meanwhile, many of the Wii's exclusives were simply not available anywhere else.

This. Wii was best for exclusives, PC for everything else. 360 was best for paying for ads, and PS3 was best for unnecessary trash-talking.

You'll be missing out some games like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, MetalGear Rising, Catherine, Ninja Gaiden 2, Mortal Kombat, KoF13, UMvC3, SoulCalibur4/5, FightNight3,4,C, UFC Undisputed '09/'10/3, Tekken 6/tag, Naruto UNS 2/G/3, etcetc. with PC/Wii combo.
---
WiiU = PS360 on steroids
#14BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 3:21:39 PM
HelloMiamoto posted...
jakestar0306 posted...
ShinChuck posted...

You'll be missing out some games like Vanquish, Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, MetalGear Rising, Catherine, Ninja Gaiden 2, Mortal Kombat, KoF13, UMvC3, SoulCalibur4/5, FightNight3,4,C, UFC Undisputed '09/'10/3, Tekken 6/tag, Naruto UNS 2/G/3, etcetc. with PC/Wii combo.

Alot of those multi-plats were dissapointing to me. I had Naruto 2/3, UFC, Fight Night and all dissapointed me.
---
Greatness comes from within
#15gamebuyer22Posted 3/19/2013 3:50:04 PM(edited)
Wii had less games to own than N64 or even GC. No way did they have the best games. Ps3 had best exclusives. Wii missed on so many good multiplats. Nintendos own games are never a reason to own a Nintendo system. People always say "buy a Nintendo system for their own games" but its only true in the last generation. They were always outclassed by other developers games. Nes had great Capcom, Konami, Taito, Sunsoft, Tecmo games. Snes had Konami, Acclaim, Taito, Midway, Rare ,Capcom, Squaresoft. Rare completely saved the N64 and some good Konami (Goemon),Acclaim, Midway games. GC had mostly exclusive Capcom support, lots of multiplats that were on Ps2 and Xbox etc. Wii fell off with very few good 3rd party games.
#16Oni_TaedoPosted 3/19/2013 3:58:49 PM
Kirby's Return to Dreamland, DKCR, and MPTrilogy are worth getting.
The Wii was iffy. It had the best games, no doubt about that, but it had less good games. It had two types of games. God awful abominations, or masterpieces like No More Heroes, Okami, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime Trilogy.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#17rudgerlightPosted 3/19/2013 4:05:38 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
ShinChuck posted...

Oh come on now, Sony has some legitimately good exclusives (not saying "the best" necessarily) and the PS3 is still the best media hub. I know it's the Wii U board, but let's be real here.
#18SlimeSwayzePosted 3/19/2013 5:28:57 PM
For me it was a distant third place or fourth place, depending on whether you count the PC. The Wii had its good games, but it was absolutely the only console last gen, that if I only owned it and nothing else, would have left me unsatisfied.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#19shaunmePosted 3/19/2013 5:35:47 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
I think the Wii had the best games last gen because most of great ones were exclusive to the Wii. In fact, in a discussion about system with best games, I feel like you should automatically throw out multi-plats simply because what's the point of comparing consoles if we're looking at the same content (unless you want to actually delve into that specific content and compare versions...)

But the Wii had
Skyward Sword
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
2 great Kirby games
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story (From what I've heard...haven't played it)
Monster Hunter Tri
Dragon Quest Swords (it was actually quite fun if not frustrating at times)
Zack and Wiki (such an amazing puzzle game...I wish we would get a sequel)
Fortune Street (great game if you like Monopoly)
And many more that I know I'm forgetting but am too lazy to go to the other room to look...

And that's not to say that the PS3 or 360 didn't have great exclusives. Ni no Kuni was amazing. Infamous 1 and 2 were great. I also really loved Halo 3...Halo 4 was alright, but 3 was an amazing game. Viva Pinata was fun. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was incredibly fun (so underrated since it wasn't like the others). Fable 2 was a fantastic game and 3 was one of the biggest letdowns in history.

If anything, it really seemed that last gen, if you had 3rd party support on the Wii, it was exclusive to the Wii...which to me is way better 3rd Party. But maybe I just haven't played as many games on the PS360. I'll admit that.

I own nearly all of those games but if I had to choose between all of them and red dead redemption...i would choose red dead, my game of the gen by a mile
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#20ShadowSkill11Posted 3/19/2013 5:37:48 PM
Last gen? Nintendo just caught up to the current gen after 8 years. They have about 6-7 months before the next gen consoles come onto the field. Maybe we'll see an equal console from Nintendo in another 6-8 years?