External HDD for WiiU

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. External HDD for WiiU

User Info: Neo_Heartless

Neo_Heartless
3 years ago#1
Now I know there's plenty out there, but I'm more thinking of size. I probably won't be downloading many full games unless there's sales, but I will be downloading demos. With that in mind what do you think? 160Gb? 240?

Also does the WiiU use USB 3.0 or is it still 2.0?
[Wubeth Intensifies]

User Info: RockD79

RockD79
3 years ago#2
I'm using a 2.0/3.0 Toshiba 1TB model found on Nintendo's support page. Works great. Just plug it in to an open USB port and start downloading.
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.

User Info: MR_Smarty_Pants

MR_Smarty_Pants
3 years ago#3
Honestly, with how few of games there are out for this console, I think a 40-50gb HDD will be plenty
Proud owner of the Wii U!

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
3 years ago#4
160GB should be more than enough. I don't see the benefit of downloading retail games on the Wii U, so I know I would never come close to using that space, and it should be more than enough for demos, VC games, and smaller e-shop titles you can't get in stores.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. External HDD for WiiU

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived