Need for Speed Wii U is 29.99 on Origin btw

#1InfiniterranPosted 3/19/2013 12:35:50 PM
Apparently EA is hurting from bad press from SimCity so they have this deal up. Seems like the place to get it if you want it.
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these
#2Skill4ReelPosted 3/19/2013 12:37:19 PM
Never purchased anything on Origin before. Is this a digital copy?
#3whizkid7Posted 3/19/2013 12:37:23 PM
I posted this earlier and got modded for off-topic posting. Fair warning.

But yeah, it's a really solid deal if you want the game.
---
Arms is like being a chainsaw running around. Prot is like being a castle that walks around punching people in the face with it's drawbridge.
#4JulesNeciPosted 3/19/2013 12:38:35 PM
thank you TC.
I don't get why someone would get modded off for sharing a good deal. They do this on the Vita board all the time.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego City Undercover (Wii U).
I own both the Vita and the Wii U. Judge me.
#5DiscostewSMPosted 3/19/2013 12:42:37 PM
I think the "origin"-al thread was modded because it seemed to focus on Origin, but was not mentioned that it is the store portion of the service, where they also sell physical copies on game consoles too, like PS3 and 360. I'm seeing that people are accessing the page to the Wii U version (physical copy) of NFS:MW, but when I go to it, I keep getting an error screen say...

Server Error
We're very sorry, but we're currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Error: SIT_000002

Do you need to have an account to see the page? I currently don't have an account.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6whizkid7Posted 3/19/2013 12:44:07 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
I think the "origin"-al thread was modded because it seemed to focus on Origin, but was not mentioned that it is the store portion of the service, where they also sell physical copies on game consoles too, like PS3 and 360. I'm seeing that people are accessing the page to the Wii U version (physical copy) of NFS:MW, but when I go to it, I keep getting an error screen say...

Server Error

Do you need to have an account to see the page? I currently don't have an account.

Pretty sure you only need the account to actually pay for the game, not to view the page.
---
Arms is like being a chainsaw running around. Prot is like being a castle that walks around punching people in the face with it's drawbridge.
#7DiscostewSMPosted 3/19/2013 12:48:32 PM
whizkid7 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

Server Error

Pretty sure you only need the account to actually pay for the game, not to view the page.

I just found the problem, and it's something to do with one of my addons for Google Chrome. I tried Firefox with no addons as well as Incognito mode on Chrome, and both loaded it just fine.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8maxfenigPosted 3/19/2013 12:52:42 PM
Still the equivalent of $85 in uk/europe.
#9HaloOfTheSun442Posted 3/19/2013 12:54:52 PM
It being on Origin is reason enough not to buy it.
#10Infiniterran(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 12:55:18 PM
There is a lot of people who say well third party games don't sell on Nintendo that's why we don't get them. If people are into this sort of game here's your chance. I'm not sure if it's for me but I'm considering it.
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these