Lego City pre-order now back-ordered from Best Buy

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 3/19/2013 2:16:37 PM
Just got an e-mail that included this gem:

"We're sorry, but your recently ordered item has gone on backorder. We expect it to arrive between April 2 and April 11. To keep you informed of its delivery, we'll send tracking information once it has shipped. "
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#2JulesNeciPosted 3/19/2013 2:18:46 PM
You should cancel it and grab your copy at Target. It's also available online if you don't have a car/ can't find rides
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego City Undercover (Wii U).
I own both the Vita and the Wii U. Judge me.
#3HaloOfTheSun442Posted 3/19/2013 2:19:29 PM
Best Buy sucks anyway. I saw Lego City at my local Wal-Mart today. I work at one of Amazon's video game facilities and we just got a few shipments of it in, too.
#4rawxfoxdogPosted 3/19/2013 2:19:32 PM
I think I might get the same email soon. But idc. it'll give me a chance to set up my new surround system
---
Nintendo id: Rawxfoxdog
#5rawxfoxdogPosted 3/19/2013 2:21:50 PM
Target is in back order also. Cos' I just called and the guy said 'its in back.order amd when we ship your copy you'll be provided a tracking number via email' so I hope I ordered mine quick enough to get it soon.
---
Nintendo id: Rawxfoxdog
#6SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 2:32:09 PM
JulesNeci posted...
You should cancel it and grab your copy at Target. It's also available online if you don't have a car/ can't find rides

My situation is a little complicated since I got it using the 50% off deal they recently had, so canceling the order would mean I paid full price for MH3 for no reason. Plus, due to a billing mistake they made, I may even be getting the game for free if the last e-mail I got from customer service was accurate. I'm pretty patient so I'll just wait. There are plenty of other games to play. Still, it sucks for people who have been waiting a long time for this game.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#7mjc0961Posted 3/19/2013 3:40:58 PM
They actually had some at K-Mart of all places. Normally I wouldn't bother with them because they usually never have new releases, but they were in the same plaza as the grocery store, so I walked over before buying food and nearly crapped myself when they actually had it.

Taking a break from playing now, it's pretty fun even though it loads like a PS1 game.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#8fhsfootball74Posted 3/19/2013 3:43:01 PM
Glad I went with NFS and Monster Hunter instead. got them both ON their release day and am having a blast.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#9Snoopdawwg22Posted 3/19/2013 4:50:50 PM
I called and had my preorder switched to In-Store pickup. Just came back with it 20 minutes ago, for $26.50 thanks their Buy One Get One Half Off sale last month :) Can't wait to play!
---
Yes, I really am the sage Luigi In His Mansion.
"Snoopdawwg22 is my hero." - Bigdoug14, 02/04/04
#10nickvd8Posted 3/19/2013 5:03:57 PM
Snoopdawwg22 posted...
I called and had my preorder switched to In-Store pickup. Just came back with it 20 minutes ago, for $26.50 thanks their Buy One Get One Half Off sale last month :) Can't wait to play!

Was it a hassle to switch to in-store pickup? I'll switch mine and pick it up tomorrow if I don't have to jump a series of hoops. I'm in the same position as TC so it's stupid to cancel my order.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD