Nintendo needs to be more like sony

#1Murderstorm117Posted 3/19/2013 3:33:11 PM
They need to stop region locking all their products. Last gen we missed out on a ton of good games because NOA is too busy caring about mario cash ins and mini game collections. I mean I could actually have a wii u game to play if it weren't region locked I would get game and wario. Ive imported many games on the ps triple one of which is one of my favorite games on the system gundam extreme vs. Im about to get tales of xillia and it really gets my chicken that nintendo is constantly denying fans of games that they want. At least give me the chance to import
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#2ADHDguitarPosted 3/19/2013 3:34:49 PM
You start by saying something reasonable and follow it up with "Mario cash-ins and mini game collections."

Stahp. Also, while I agree region locking is stupid, very few people import, except in cases where people just import to get a better price.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3squatch22Posted 3/19/2013 3:35:30 PM
Yeah. They should be like Sony.

Junk status, massive debt and put out unreliable consoles.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/19/2013 3:35:31 PM
Hi5 for gundam extreme versus!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5gamewhooper181Posted 3/19/2013 3:37:56 PM
Region locking effects maybe 0.05% of the gaming population. If you really are one of the few people that care about region locking, odds are you're also the type of person that will order a New Love Plus 3DS or Master Sword replicas without hesitation.

I do get your point, but you didn't illustrate it very well when you listed games such as Tales of Xillia and Game and Wario. Game and Wario will probably be out within two months in the West, and Tales of Xillia has already been confirmed to be coming stateside sometime this year as well.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#6SychinLegacyPosted 3/19/2013 3:38:48 PM
Nintendo needs to be more like Sony? What, more unprofitable?
#7LinetrixPosted 3/19/2013 3:39:36 PM
gamewhooper181 posted...
Region locking effects maybe 0.05% of the gaming population.

98.7% of the statistics on the Internet are made on the spot.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#8DiscostewSMPosted 3/19/2013 3:40:17 PM
I prefer my game companies to be financially stable.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9MegaWinFTWPosted 3/19/2013 3:45:24 PM
The posts in this topic highlight exactly why this board gets trolled so much. Faced with a legitimate point 3 replies are effectively "lol Sony has debt", deflecting the issue into reassurance rather than acknowledging the point at hand.

There is no reason for region locking, it's an outdated practice that there isn't any sense defending. It doesn't matter how many people would take advantage of it, there's absolutely no downside to removing it and I can't even think of any reason to keep it.
#10Oni_TaedoPosted 3/19/2013 3:45:44 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Hi5 for gundam extreme versus!

Since we're now on the topic of mediocre games based off god awful mecha animu, I take your Gundam Extreme VS, and raise you an NGE 64!
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.