Just bought Lego City Undercover

#11New Link(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 5:28:06 AM
dark trunks posted...
If there are any framerate drops at all, I'd expect them to be the same drops you might experience in Lego Batman 2 or Lego Lord of the Rings. I won't be surprised by any drops in the framerate, to be honest.

I'm not positive, but I think you're right. There may have been a slight drop while collecting a mass amount of bricks but I'm not positive quite yet. I'll continue playing and keep ya'll updated on the framerate.

TheBlueAvenger posted...
I was feeling nostalgic about an old lego PC game I had, and decided 'why the heck not?' Just loading this into the system now... opinions to come.

Lego Island, by any chance? Because that's why I'm buying Lego City too.

Actually that may have been it.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#12BirdGasPosted 3/20/2013 7:53:44 AM
I haven't noticed any framerate issues at all, and I've played a good few hours. I have noticed that I love the game a LOT more than I thought, and I already had been pretty pumped from everything I'd seen on it. Dripping with charm, looks great, and I know some people took issue with it, but I am loving the humor. Just let go and enjoy the jokes. :D
---
HA! I kill me!
Nintendo Network ID - ALinkToTheSack
#13The_HyphenatorPosted 3/20/2013 7:55:55 AM
Got it yesterday myself. I've only spent about an hour with it, but I haven't seen any framerate drops yet.
#14New Link(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:15:46 AM
BirdGas posted...
I haven't noticed any framerate issues at all, and I've played a good few hours. I have noticed that I love the game a LOT more than I thought, and I already had been pretty pumped from everything I'd seen on it. Dripping with charm, looks great, and I know some people took issue with it, but I am loving the humor. Just let go and enjoy the jokes. :D

Frank Honey.

I can't help but smile every time I'm around him, whether he be talking to the uniform lady or fixing a 'compupuer.'
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#15BirdGasPosted 3/20/2013 11:40:58 PM
New Link posted...
BirdGas posted...

Frank Honey.

I can't help but smile every time I'm around him, whether he be talking to the uniform lady or fixing a 'compupuer.'

He is terrific. "Hey Chase!" "Hi, Honey.". There is just such a simple pleasant nature to be found in the style of humor the game has, and I don't even feel that the jokes are too pandering, it just really fits the nature of the world. Brilliant.
---
HA! I kill me!
Nintendo Network ID - ALinkToTheSack
#16New Link(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:22:25 AM
Figured I'd give an update to this.

I'm 11.1% complete with the game, put in a few hours.

I have not noticed any framerate drops (i did in Arkham City during the cutscenes), but I do feel that there is a lot of time spent "loading." There's a joke at the beginning of the game "I hate progress bars" but it continues to slap them in your face haha.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
#17TerotrousPosted 3/22/2013 11:30:42 AM
The writing in this game is surprisingly good. I know everyone said that it is, but most people tend to be really easily impressed by even the most rudimentary attempts at humour. However, the writing and delivery in this game is actually top notch.

"So, Chase McCain, what brings you back to Lego City? Business, or pleasure?"
"Could be neither... could be both."
"Yeah, I really need to check one of the boxes".
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#18xLittlekillxPosted 3/22/2013 11:34:29 AM
Are there any unlockable characters or vehicles from the other lego games hidden in there?
#19DiscostewSMPosted 3/22/2013 11:41:34 AM
I'm not saying the long load times are acceptable, but honestly, if they have to have them, then they should at least throw in some sort of mini-game during those longer waits. Would be a good use of the Gamepad.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#20Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/22/2013 11:54:26 AM
The only major issue I know about with this game is the loading times. Lego Island was great when I was young but I fear it has probably aged horribly.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif