Looks like MHU will be what WiiU needs...

#1GigerSupremePosted 3/19/2013 9:22:35 PM
dont mean to sound negative, but i gotta be honest with the rather disapointing Wii U performance lately.

lack of any substantial games (ports of games over a year old are nice, but they are not substantial releases and wont bring in the support) while Monster Hunter Ultimate is one of these kinds of updated ports like the batman, mass effect 3, darksiders 2 and rumored Deus Ex directors cut... it does have an edge that these other games dont have.

it is an action rpg with a strong following and online multiplayer support that has a low entry barrier.

mass effect 3? its the 3rd game in a series established on a different console... high barrier entry.
same applies to all the other ports.

while MH is technically a port, capcom was smart enough to rebrand it and eliminate any references to it being a 3rd game in a series. (drop "Tri, now labeled as "Ultimate") what we have is a game that seemingly apears to be a new game to the uninitiated. alot of people who got a wii u who never had a regular wii, or never played MH before will find MHU very apealing to buy.

MHU is possibly the most important release the console has had yet. this is a chance for nintendo to get some footing and take charge of its head start with sony and msoft.

now if only nintendo would show some comepelling exclusive 1st and 3rd party games...
#2GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:23:41 PM
also, i guarantee that MHU is gona be sold out everywhere... its gona be the killer ap that wiiu has so desperately needed.
#3elbarto1Posted 3/19/2013 9:25:08 PM
Good or bad, a remake port isn't a killer app.
---
You cannot blame society's ills on video games Its just absurd-Capcom
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist
#4MathewMansonPosted 3/19/2013 9:26:45 PM
elbarto1 posted...

*Facepalm.
---
HerrDoktor - MathewManson.
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#5elbarto1Posted 3/19/2013 9:31:24 PM
A killer app is generally an exclusive not to be missed game that would double as a system seller.

I don't see a remake/port doing that. Even if its great. Thats like saying deus ex hr port is a killer app. Even though its been out for years on other systems.
---
#6GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:31:38 PM
elbarto1 posted...

did you not read why this one can work?

low entry barrier and not alot of people even played it effectively making this game almost brand new. the timing for this game is really good... shouldve been sooner but whatever.
#7GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:33:23 PM
elbarto1 posted...
A killer app is generally an exclusive not to be missed game that would double as a system seller.

I don't see a remake/port doing that. Even if its great. Thats like saying deus ex hr port is a killer app. Even though its been out for years on other systems.

i understand that, but MHU is a unique game here.

its a game that not alot of people played during its initial run.

DX had a really good run and alot of people played it.

MH, not so much.
#8elbarto1Posted 3/19/2013 9:36:45 PM
I don't doubt that it will do well and I've seen some solid reviews. I was just saying that a killer app it is not.

Halo on original Xbox was a killer app. An experience unique to that system. This is a port. Its been played. Its not anything special other than because theres nothing else coming out. And few will buy a Wii u because of it.
---
#9GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:43:33 PM
elbarto1 posted...
I don't doubt that it will do well and I've seen some solid reviews. I was just saying that a killer app it is not.

Halo on original Xbox was a killer app. An experience unique to that system. This is a port. Its been played. Its not anything special other than because theres nothing else coming out. And few will buy a Wii u because of it.

ok fine whatever, but you cannot deny that this game will undoubtedly move some systems.

ofcourse its a port that has been played, RELATIVELY.

but here is a chance for it to reach the wide audience it didnt get. especially is they make a commercial showing both the wiiu version and 3ds having cross play features. people will eat that crap up and will love it.

its all marketing really. play down the fact that it is a port and people will go for it.
remember, low entry barrier.
#10RedOrionPosted 3/19/2013 9:45:23 PM(edited)
elbarto1 posted...

For some people it will be enough to make a purchase, regardless of it being a port. Just like the FF X port and P4G are the closest things making me buy a Vita right now, but that won't be anytime soon.