When do they plan on selling gamepads separately?

#1STN79Posted 3/19/2013 9:12:14 PM
I'm already having problems with mine losing it's connection to the console. It even happens in the same room when not directly facing the system from two feet away. If i called Nintendo they'd just give me the same trouble shooting advice i could find on google or they'd want me to ship away the whole system. I'd rather just buy a new gamepad but i can't even do that because they don't sell them for some reason. Can you order one from Nintendo's web site or something?
#2CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 3/19/2013 9:13:08 PM
How do you even know the game pad is the problem?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#3Faceman_Posted 3/19/2013 9:15:08 PM
Sounds like a personal problem
#4STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:18:42 PM(edited)
Well i'm pretty sure. The only thing i haven't tried is removing the battery and resyncing or moving the Wii U to another room.
Even if i barely shake the pad it cuts out.
#5Thunderbird8Posted 3/20/2013 12:17:07 AM
Until games start to make use of multiple game pads, there's no real business sense for retailers to stock game pads.
#6JulesNeciPosted 3/20/2013 12:32:27 AM
STN79 posted...
Well i'm pretty sure. The only thing i haven't tried is removing the battery and resyncing or moving the Wii U to another room.
Even if i barely shake the pad it cuts out.

That's not the ONLY thing you haven't tried. You listed THREE things. Know not you how to count?
---
I own both the Vita and the Wii U. Judge me.
On second note, I feel like I'm the only girl on Miiverse. :|
#7STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 1:18:33 AM
Fine the only "THINGS" i haven't tried. Happy now?

Well anyway now all i haven't done is remove the battery and i really doubt that will do squat.
I really think my controller is defective at this point. Screw it i'm callin Nintendo.
They better not need my entire console when all i want is a working controller. This is exactly why those things should be sold separately. Any other system gets a broken one and you just go buy another. I know it won't be cheap but it's better than shipping away my brand new system that can stll be played fine with a pro controller for the most part.
#8SocranPosted 3/20/2013 2:24:18 AM(edited)
You've been asking about this for almost a week now. If you had sent it in to begin with, you'd have it back by now. Remember, buying a seperate pad would cost you $80 minimum. Would you seriously rather pay that than go without the system for under a week?

(Removing the battery does far more than "squat", however. Never underestimate electronics' ability to stay on even when it's in the off position.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9Petey_MeanisPosted 3/20/2013 2:28:09 AM(edited)
This is exactly why those things should be sold separately.

So you'd be willing to pay $140 for a new one rather than getting the one you have repaired/replaced for free since it's under warranty?

smh.

Remember, buying a seperate pad would cost you $80 minimum.

They cost $140 new if you need to buy a replacement from Nintendo.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#10STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:01:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]