When do they plan on selling gamepads separately?

#11STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:12:08 PM
Okay i took the battery out and put it back and the gamepad did not hard reset at all.
I turned it on and nothing was any different. Was i supposed to disconnect the battery with the thing still turned on or what? I thought removing the battery made it reset as if it had never been used.
#12SocranPosted 3/20/2013 11:22:41 PM(edited)
STN79 posted...
Okay i took the battery out and put it back and the gamepad did not hard reset at all.
I turned it on and nothing was any different. Was i supposed to disconnect the battery with the thing still turned on or what? I thought removing the battery made it reset as if it had never been used.

It doesn't reset "as if it had never been used", it just turns completely off. What you're referring to is a "factory reset", not a "hard reset". Hard reset is like when you unplug the system after it freezes. It helps whenever the issue is a result of a software glitch rather than hardware or firmware. Which means your problem can now probably be narrowed down to the latter two (most likely hardware).
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#13STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 12:32:05 AM
Well i saw another topic where a guy supposedly had the same issue as me and he said taking the battery out and resyncing fixed it. Problem is it won't let me resync. I press the button and it keeps saying the gamepad is already paired. How the heck do you unpair it then? There has to be a way. I know you guys are getting sick of my moaning but this past week has just been awful for me with this stupid gamepad error. In the next day or two i'll ship this thing off and hopefully put an end to this mess.
#14DarthFloatyPosted 3/21/2013 12:36:01 AM
Probably when they can sell them for $99. So maybe mid-way through next year, or perhaps the end of next year when games supporting 2 pads come out.