I went to GameStop to get the new Gears of War, 40 people ahead of me bought

#21mjc0961Posted 3/20/2013 12:58:38 AM
snae99 posted...
MathewManson posted...
snae99 posted...
It's too bad the new Gears game blows. Absolutely loved the first and third game, but Judgement is an insult to fans.

What's it like?

- It launched with 4 maps
- They removed the 'down but not out' feature that was in the previous installments
- Active reloads don't give you a boost in power anymore
- Locusts are no longer playable in multiplayer for some reason (besides that one game mode),
- Warzone and Execution game modes have been removed
- Weapon executions were removed

I don't individually care about a lot of that stuff, but added together... This game should have just been a $20 DLC pack for Gears 3 or something. $60, no thanks.

Also, Epic really needs to stop handing off projects to People Can Fly because People Can Fly aren't good.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#22AstralFrostPosted 3/20/2013 1:04:39 AM
TC obviously works for Nintendo, trying too hard to promote the system by making up ridiculous sales figures. Lets see what the charts show this week. By TC's logic there should be an 4000% increase in Wii U sales assuming a single person buying a Wii U at any one time at that gamestop, and thats laughable at best.
#23Robot_SoopaPosted 3/20/2013 1:11:25 AM
A couple of people in this topic have said they don't care about those features in Gears while failing to realize those are some of the very few features that actually went far enough to distinguish Gears from other shooters out there. Start taking out those features and we're getting close to Call of Duty again.
#2440DribylfPosted 3/20/2013 2:14:39 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
A couple of people in this topic have said they don't care about those features in Gears while failing to realize those are some of the very few features that actually went far enough to distinguish Gears from other shooters out there. Start taking out those features and we're getting close to Call of Duty again.

Not really

Gears is a ridiculously tight game, something that other shooters dream of being. It's visceral as all hell.

All that other stuff was bogging the series down for me. It's all about the combat.

Judgement looks to be faster paced too and the new modes look like they rule so I'm sold on the game. As a person who loved Gears 1, but didn't care for 2+3, it looks perfect .
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990