Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coming to Wii U, With Some Key Changes

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/20/2013 6:40:40 AM(edited)
The acclaimed 2011 Deus Ex: Human Revolution is getting a director's cut edition of the game for Wii U. The thing people hated most about that game? It's getting fixed, along with some other improvements.

Details from the publisher's morning e-mail announcement:

The Director's Cut offers a full slate of Wii U GamePad features including touch-screen hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping, grenade throwbacks and many other neural hub enhancements. Along with in-depth Miiverse™ integration, the Director's Cut also provides access to developer commentaries and in-game guides.

Tongs's Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link chapter have also been integrated seamlessly into the narrative flow of the Director's Cut. Other core Deus Ex: Human Revolution augmentations include overhauled boss fights, refined game balance and combat, improved AI, and striking visual improvements which make this edition the best looking and most immersive Deus Ex experience available.

Eurogamer elaborates on the "overhauled boss fights":

Each of the game's three boss fights have had their map layouts reworked to provide players with alternative potential strategies. New hacking challenges are available to players who focus on hacking, and stealth options are available to those who focus on stealth.

No release date. The game's publisher, SquareEnix says it is "coming soon."

The game will be at PAX East in Boston this weekend. We'll have more from the show.

This is the latest in a batch of ports and updated versions of games that came to Xbox 360 and PS3 that are being brought to Wii U. The system's November launch saw the release of 2011's Batman: Arkham City with a new armor mode for its lead characters. This week sees the release of a beefed up version of the Wii game Monster Hunter 3, also for Nintendo's new console.

http://kotaku.com/5991489/deus-ex-human-revolution-coming-to-wii-u-with-some-key-changes
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2greatone101Posted 3/20/2013 7:25:19 AM
Wii U getting a game that everyone who wanted to play already played it TWO YEARS AGO.
#3Virus66Posted 3/20/2013 7:28:32 AM
greatone101 posted...
Wii U getting a game that everyone who wanted to play already played it TWO YEARS AGO.

Unless you didn't have another system capable of playing it or decided to not pick it up at the time. I personally didn't get it for the PS3 when it came out because I already had so much to play. Now I don't really have much to play on any system. I might look into it now, but it will be hard to justify it if it is full price. If it is released at a budget price that puts it at a comparable amount to the other versions, then I might consider getting it finally.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#4andrea987Posted 3/20/2013 7:29:19 AM
I always wanted to play it, never got round to do it. Now it might be the right time.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#5Chocobo115Posted 3/20/2013 7:29:23 AM
Cool, got it with my PS+ subscription a few months back, maybe should get around and play it on my PS3 some day.
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/20/2013 7:30:51 AM

Pretty much. More ports that will sell horribly.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#7Nate_DihldorffPosted 3/20/2013 7:32:03 AM
Will wait until it is $20.
---
NCAACP- National Colored Association of Associated Colored People
#8DTY3Posted 3/20/2013 7:32:28 AM
greatone101 posted...

Didnt take long for this comment.

Dude, if you already played it, good for you. Some of us havent yet (yes I own a PS3)
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#9AsuirPosted 3/20/2013 7:33:56 AM
Virus66 posted...
greatone101 posted...

Unless you didn't have another system capable of playing it or decided to not pick it up at the time. I personally didn't get it for the PS3 when it came out because I already had so much to play. Now I don't really have much to play on any system. I might look into it now, but it will be hard to justify it if it is full price. If it is released at a budget price that puts it at a comparable amount to the other versions, then I might consider getting it finally.

Really hope it launches at a discounted price. Then again... it is SE.
---
Ftw!
#10elheberPosted 3/20/2013 7:42:30 AM
I said in another thread that it would need substantial additions for me to repurchase DXHR. And this might be it. Revamped boss fights and extra chapters integrated into the story doing good to me.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |