Ashes Cricket 2013 announced

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/20/2013 6:46:10 AM
505 Games has announced that Ashes Cricket 2013 will be released on the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U on June 21 this year.

The game will feature a new engine with 360 degree control over shot placement, as well as a new line and length bowling system.

Dynamic gameplay will require players to adapt to varying and altering pitches, and changing weather forecasts will also alter the course of matches. The game will include options for intelligent automatic field placement.

"We are delighted to be able to announce some of the key features for Ashes Cricket 2013," 505 Games general manager for UK and export Ralph Pitt-Stanley said in a statement. "This game has been created with real cricket fans and players in mind. The new engine allows players to mimic a cricketer's most important attribute--technique."

Ashes Cricket 2013 will include the complete Ashes Series, with official England and Australia teams, as well as limited overs tournaments and leagues from around the world.

The game is due out for the PC, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U on June 21 this year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ashes-cricket-2013-announced-6405612
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2bleedingelitePosted 3/20/2013 6:54:55 AM
Thank god. I've been waiting forever for a great cricket game. What sorts of effects will the different chirps have?
#3Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/20/2013 6:57:23 AM
2013 GOTY
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#4DentenshiPosted 3/20/2013 6:58:42 AM
WOW! wow! WOW! Someone manage to get a third party Pokemon spin-off!?
---
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper YouTube:SubeteObscurity
#5shootsmackPosted 3/20/2013 7:15:33 AM
The viral marketers are getting super desperate for material. Next they will be bragging about Nintendo reducing the amount of words (and therefore ink) in their packaging and go on to explain to us how Nintendo is looking out for the entire earth.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#6sanas_thirituPosted 3/20/2013 7:16:40 AM
Does anyone here play cricket? I mean seriously, isnt that a dead sport?
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#7Lord_VishanaPosted 3/20/2013 7:18:51 AM
Dentenshi posted...
WOW! wow! WOW! Someone manage to get a third party Pokemon spin-off!?

Clever. :-)
---
The Governor isn't so bad, here's proof! http://www.abload.de/img/1363452872289cbq1g.gif 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#8Virus66Posted 3/20/2013 7:21:18 AM
bleedingelite posted...
Thank god. I've been waiting forever for a great cricket game. What sorts of effects will the different chirps have?

This made me laugh
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#9EoinPosted 3/20/2013 7:54:19 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
Does anyone here play cricket? I mean seriously, isnt that a dead sport?

While I personally dislike the sport, that's an enormously ignorant post. It's among the most popular sports in the world and towards the top of the list (exactly where would be a matter of debate, it's far from first but may very well be second).

Of course, that typically doesn't translate into video game success - and this won't help the Wii U - since the countries where cricket is popular don't tend to overlap with the countries where consoles sell well (with the exceptions of the UK and Australia). That being said, I happened to be in India at about the time when Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 launched on Xbox 360, and it was easily the biggest game there at the time - dominating shelves and overwhelming the launch of the PS3 which happened at about the same time.
#10DarkIVloonPosted 3/20/2013 8:02:27 AM
"Cricket!? ...You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!" ~Raphael TMNT 1990
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!