Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Review

#1The_HyphenatorPosted 3/20/2013 8:06:38 AM
Polygon has their review of the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct up. It sounds worse than I thought, and my expectations were already in the basement on this one.

http://www.polygon.com/game/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct/7980
#2Virus66Posted 3/20/2013 8:12:33 AM
IGN has also said that it's not as bad as it looks, but still not really all that good. It's passable at best.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3The_Hyphenator(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:16:26 AM
To their credit, it sounds like the developer actually did try to do something different here. Honestly, when I heard that Activision was making the game, my first thought was that they'd take the CoD engine and just slap a Walking Dead coat of paint on it. It sounds like the game was too rushed to be any good, but at least a little thought was put into it.
#4The_BoredomsPosted 3/20/2013 8:17:59 AM
I have to somehow keep my wife from finding out that you play as Daryl or she's gonna buy this thing.
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 3/20/2013 8:34:37 AM
Yours too, huh? :|
#6jackorhoadsPosted 3/20/2013 8:37:28 AM
It sounds more of a lengthy whine than a review tbh. Not defending the game or anything - it seems meh but the article itself doesn't seem well written.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#7DarkIVloonPosted 3/20/2013 9:03:21 AM
The_Boredoms posted...
I have to somehow keep my wife from finding out that you play as Daryl or she's gonna buy this thing.

lol totally but I'm buying it anyway.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#8AZHood321Posted 3/20/2013 9:40:21 AM
Of course being published by Activision, they obviously wanted the game to drop quickly while TWD is relevant. Still, after seeing some gameplay of TWD:SI, it looked like Terminal Reality had some interesting concepts at work that weren't fully fleshed out. It would of been interesting to see what they could have come up with given more time and a bigger budget (as well as a different publisher).
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AZHood321
Nintendo Network ID: AZHood