Nintendo wii "Nintendo Selects" needs wayyyy more games on the list!

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/20/2013 8:21:16 AM
Nintendo Selects has been DISASTROUS.

See how few Nintendo Selects titles the Wii has in comparison to the Player's Choice titles on Gamecube and N64:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Selects

The freakin' Wii U is out yet Nintendo is still laying low with giving more titles the Nintendo Selects price drop. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Skyward Sword, New Super Mario bros wii...there are so many Wii games that have sold over 1 million copies, meaning they should see the price drop to $19.99 yet Nintendo won't budge.

Wii games that have sold over $1 million:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

Gotta' love how Punch-Out!! is a Nintendo Selects title for selling $1.86 million, yet Mario Kart Wii isn't but has sold $34.01 million.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2retrogamer28Posted 3/20/2013 8:25:01 AM
Nintendo Selects is a line of games chosen by Nintendo, whereas Players Choice was decided by players buying 1M or more copies. They're not the same, and titles in the line shouldn't be picked the same way as a result. Be the way, this should be in the Wii board, not here.
#3cananyonehelpPosted 3/20/2013 8:25:14 AM
One of the main reason I bought the wii u was so I could play some of the titles you mentioned as I did not get the wii. Unfourtantly all the good games still are expensive such as mario galaxy 2 and zelda. I guess nintendo never go down in price that much.
#4HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:56:02 AM
Oh I see so I guess Brawl isn't a game Nintendo wants to "Select" >_>
---
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 3/20/2013 10:56:58 AM
I would like to see Galaxy 2 and Donkey Kong Country Returns added to the list.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6icarus231Posted 3/20/2013 11:06:29 AM
As long as they are still selling at that price they will still charge it. Once sales drop then they will lower the price.
#7SlimeSwayzePosted 3/20/2013 11:10:42 AM
Oddly enough, I just went to Amazon and Animal Crossing I couldn't find Animal Crossing Wii new for anywhere near $20.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#8Board_hunter567Posted 3/20/2013 11:28:45 AM
This was my absolute biggest disappointment with the Wii and the DS to an extent.
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 1:09:24 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
This was my absolute biggest disappointment with the Wii and the DS to an extent.

Did the DS even get "Nintendo Selects"?

I mean I think I remember their playing a sort of players choice for certain GBA games but I'm not sure.
---