I really hope the Zelda demo we saw isn't indicative of what we'll see in-game..

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 3/20/2013 11:03:09 AM
Purely because of the giant eye on the spider's back.

One of the biggest things I dislike about Zelda (particularly in the more recent games) is that pretty much every boss battle is the same - stun the boss with the item you got in the dungeon, attack it's weak point with your sword. And its 'weak point' is almost always an eye. It was particularly annoying in Twilight Princess because Nintendo specifically said in interviews before the game was released that they'd worked hard on the boss battles in the game and then the boss battles were crap.

It's a reflection of the Zelda series in general - just the same basic formula repeated over and over again.

Unfortunately the demo shown at last year's E3 continued in exactly the same vain and I really really hope that that demo isn't indicative of what we might see in Wii U because if it is then it looks like they're just going to stick with the same old tired formula that's been dragging the series down for about ten years now.

I really really wish they would try something different with Zelda for once but that demo doesn't really give me a lot of hope for that.

What are your thoughts on this, Wii U board?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2Baha05Posted 3/20/2013 11:05:41 AM
Honestly I'm not bothers by same bosses. Because quite frankly there isn't that many unique bosses at all to begin with. They are pretty much have similar weaknesses in every game in existence.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 3/20/2013 11:06:05 AM
It's a slippery slope when devs start making big changes to established franchises. If I want to play a different style of game, I will play a different game. I don't want them to change Zelda too much. If anything, I want them to make the next game more like like the older titles.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#4shootsmackPosted 3/20/2013 11:06:31 AM
Zelda will be horrible.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#5FunkyhamsterPosted 3/20/2013 11:07:03 AM
Don't lose hope. Aside from all of the comments they've made about trying new things with the next Zelda game, think about Space World 2000. They showed a demo that looked just like OoT with better graphics, but when the real Zelda game appeared, it was Wind Waker.
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 3/20/2013 11:07:22 AM
None of the Tech demo has anything to do with the Zelda we'll be seeing on the Wii U.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#7LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/20/2013 11:24:14 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
None of the Tech demo has anything to do with the Zelda we'll be seeing on the Wii U.

This.

Also, TC, the Twilight Princess bosses were incredible. Their only flaw was the lack of difficulty.

Not sure what people's problems are with the Zelda formula are. It's fine. What the series has lacked recently is innovation. What happened to innovative gameplay elements such as the Masks from MM, Nintendo? Or creativity on the same level as The Wind Waker?
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13
#8Faceman_Posted 3/20/2013 11:51:25 AM
Don't care. Just want that style. TP HD.
#9LinktoDrinkPosted 3/20/2013 12:04:55 PM
the Twilight Princess bosses were incredible. Their only flaw was the lack of difficulty.

That's a hilarious comment.
---
Not changing this signature until Shenmue 3 is announced.
Started 9/9/99
#10LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/20/2013 12:08:14 PM
LinktoDrink posted...
the Twilight Princess bosses were incredible. Their only flaw was the lack of difficulty.

That's a hilarious comment.

Eh, I honestly thought they were really good. And I don't even like TP as a Zelda game, so there's no bias going on here.
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13