Considering buying a Wii U, couple of questions though....

#1The_DarkwalkerPosted 3/20/2013 12:43:49 PM
Can you play original Wii games using the Wii U controller, or do you have to have an original Wii remote and nunchuk?

Also, is there a manufacturer warranty included and if so, how long is it good for?

Finally, are all the classic games you could buy online for the Wii also available for Wii U or does the Wii U have a different shop/selection available?

Thanks!
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#2meiyukiPosted 3/20/2013 12:48:47 PM
have to use wii remote, warranty is probably a year or two nintendo is pretty good with those. Shops are different too, basically to play wii games or anything from it's shop you change the system to wii mode and it essentially behaves exactly like a wii.
#3The_Darkwalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:59:30 AM
Oh, I see. So Wii U doesn't have it's own store yet? That's good info. I'll probably run out today and pick up the 8gb version. I gots ta play me some Monster Hunter, lol!
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#4xLittlekillxPosted 3/21/2013 8:00:54 AM
Yeah, only get it now if you really want to play some of the games on it now and are looking to catch up on good wii games too.
#5NyyarkPosted 3/21/2013 8:03:37 AM
Good luck with your purchase! The Wii U has an eshop that sells Wii U ware and digital versions of Wii U games. You get 10% back as store credit with the black wii U.

It boots an almost fully function Wii mode, that has access to the Wii VC. You need a wiimote for it as others have said.

There are alot of Wii U game demos out now, I suggest trying some! If you like Horror at all the Zombie U demo is pretty good.