Who else is going physical-only this gen?

#51ChipChippersonPosted 3/20/2013 11:42:05 PM
I just can't wrap my mind around the concept of never truly owning something and being okay with that. I fail to see how my life would be enriched by having games on a hard drive rather than a shelf.

I feel the same way about people who tossed out their books and went all Kindle or garbage bagged up their cds and went all mp3. There's just such a feeling of loss of ownership and even identity. I couldn't ever be happy with my collections and hobbies entirely residing on a handful of electronic gadgets. What you see on the shelves of my apartment is who I am.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#52Chocobo115Posted 3/20/2013 11:44:13 PM
same, same

only download games that get no retail relase, old games on the PC that you can barely find anymore as physical copy and games I get through Playstation Plus since they cost nothing extra to download.
#53ZodrynPosted 3/20/2013 11:48:35 PM
http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Get games ultra cheap, support charity, and kiss drm goodbye. :) Also, you usually get plenty of bonus stuff (soundtracks, dlc etc.) for free.

Besides Humble Bundle and insane 75% off sales on Steam, I'll stick to physical copies though. Especially for all of the first party titles.
---
"And most of all, remember this: Your gems are the gems that will pierce the heavens. And you are truly, truly outrageous." ~ Scarizard
#54Robot_SoopaPosted 3/20/2013 11:58:35 PM
Only time I'm going digital is if they can make it a better alternative to physical the way Steam does.

Humans naturally want to own things. But saving money takes precedence over that desire for ownership and power. So the only way digital gaming will ever take off on consoles is to make it worthwhile.

People don't mind the drawbacks to digital only and Steam locked games on PC because they're so cost efficient.
#55ReynardFXPosted 3/21/2013 12:08:00 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
I just can't wrap my mind around the concept of never truly owning something and being okay with that. I fail to see how my life would be enriched by having games on a hard drive rather than a shelf.

I feel the same way about people who tossed out their books and went all Kindle or garbage bagged up their cds and went all mp3. There's just such a feeling of loss of ownership and even identity. I couldn't ever be happy with my collections and hobbies entirely residing on a handful of electronic gadgets. What you see on the shelves of my apartment is who I am.

This is why the success of Steam confuses and saddens me. I like knowing I own what I've paid for.
#56JohnnyCage2008Posted 3/21/2013 12:30:57 AM
I'll never buy a download game. I would rather pirate it or stop gaming in general.
#57mjc0961Posted 3/21/2013 1:37:55 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Call me old-fashioned, but the only games I'll download are the ones that can only be downloaded.

This.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#58SlaynPosted 3/21/2013 3:01:40 AM
For PC games, I like having a huge Steam library and digital downloads, just because I can get so many games for such a little price. I mean like I got 5 Prince of Persia games for $12 on Steam.

For consoles, the price isn't much better, and they usually have small hard drives, compared to the 1.5TB on my computer ( although you can add external ones ). If the price is the same of $5 off, why go with console downloads?

Having said that, I think I might purchase Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate digitally, just because the slightly better load times. It is only around 2 seconds difference, but when you play a game hundreds of hours, it is worth it.

I also do get boxed PC games sometimes like Blizzard games. Usually has a cool box, like to put it on my shelf to show off. Have my Starcraft+Brood Wars giant box sitting on top.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#59GencoilPosted 3/21/2013 3:08:57 AM
I've always been about physical, I only download games if they're download-exclusive. Having an actual, tangible game collection just has a certain charm. And it allows others to borrow your games, or if you regret buying a game you can sell it instead of being stuck with it forever.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil