Reactio: Pokemon X & Y get Wii U Versions.

#11-NotoriousLynxPosted 3/20/2013 8:52:30 PM
As the first post said, Pokemon is superior on handhelds. Pokemon is so easy to just start playing on the spot. The Wii U takes time to get set up and console games are usually suppose to be played in long time spans.
#12SychinLegacyPosted 3/20/2013 8:54:49 PM
There wouldn't be any point to putting Pokemon games onto consoles at this point. The only real benefit would be better graphics and honestly better graphics wouldn't help pokemon. A lot of it's charm comes from it being cartoony. Photorealisitc pokemon would be a turn off to a lot of people.
#13gamercat86Posted 3/20/2013 8:58:39 PM
If anything, it would be Pokemon Z. That way, I would buy Pokemon Y and Z. It would look amazing in HD and then on the go similar to how Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate works.
#14ADHDguitarPosted 3/20/2013 9:02:09 PM
Wii U versions? Why would you have two of the same game on a home console?

Pokemon Z would make more sense, but even then, I'd be mad, as one of two things would happen.

A) Console version is identical and everyone complains about the graphics.

B) Console version has really good graphics, people start pissing on the handheld version.

So I'd be mad.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#15gamercat86Posted 3/20/2013 9:02:58 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
There wouldn't be any point to putting Pokemon games onto consoles at this point. The only real benefit would be better graphics and honestly better graphics wouldn't help pokemon. A lot of it's charm comes from it being cartoony. Photorealisitc pokemon would be a turn off to a lot of people.

HD =/= photorealistic. Hd graphics makes sense on the Wii U because it could look many time more appealing for some. Better lighting, better looking textures, etc kind of like Wind Wake remake but with Pokemon art style.
#161_DerPosted 3/22/2013 6:37:01 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
As the first post said, Pokemon is superior on handhelds.

I don't understand. How do you know "Pokemon is superior on handhelds" if you've never played a proper pokemon title on the Wii U?
---
Master Gamer.
#17_Sovereign_Posted 3/22/2013 7:21:21 AM
If it were given an overhaul of visual presentation and style, increased the scope drastically ( think "X"), allowed us to travel to all regions...I would get it.

Make the battle system more like Ni No Kuni, or even Smash bros.
Have leveling up and experience go towards moves and actions while in the background your experience goes towards evolving, this way you don't have to be a certain level to challenge somebody, but say your flamethrower is a higher level attack than your scratch.

Elite 4 in all regions, for different titles. Have each region have it's own side story ( team rocket, plasma, etc.) Obviously keep in the collectible legendarys.

And only make one version
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#18omniryuPosted 3/22/2013 8:19:52 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Wii U versions? Why would you have two of the same game on a home console?

So I'd be mad.

Trading via online or via any pocket size storage device. Trading is still an important part of the Pokemon appeal. Having a single pokemon game would be less appealing. Althouogh I would like pokemon X & Y to be on the U with upgraded graphics, I'd be fine with Z ( or whatever it will be called) as long as you're allowed to trade.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#191_DerPosted 3/22/2013 12:40:39 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
If it were given an overhaul of visual presentation and style, increased the scope drastically ( think "X"), allowed us to travel to all regions...I would get it.

Make the battle system more like Ni No Kuni, or even Smash bros.
Have leveling up and experience go towards moves and actions while in the background your experience goes towards evolving, this way you don't have to be a certain level to challenge somebody, but say your flamethrower is a higher level attack than your scratch.

Elite 4 in all regions, for different titles. Have each region have it's own side story ( team rocket, plasma, etc.) Obviously keep in the collectible legendarys.

And only make one version

Agree. Especially with the Ni No Kuni, at least as far as the visual presentation is concerned. But I'd keep the battle system as it is, only, with hm's not taking up a move slot. And when a pokemon "fly's" I want the option to be able to actually fly with it. I think a battle in the sky with a wild pidgeot would b epic.

And to the poster above... of course, if ppl still want to trade that option is available. Some pokemon r harder to catch than other, or harder to find (shiny's, starters, pseudo's, legends, etc) so trading would still b available. I mean lets say someone hasn't made it to the kanto region yet but wants a charmander, the trading option will b available but I still want every pokemon to be in the game.
---
Master Gamer.
#20ADHDguitarPosted 3/22/2013 12:47:22 PM
Oh, also, IMO, having all the regions in one game would be impractical. They'd be better off fleshing out the existing one.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2