So this is the generation gaming dies.

#21pearl arowanaPosted 3/21/2013 12:51:18 AM
nope.
its just nintendo hardware died.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#22ZeusthagodPosted 3/21/2013 7:42:36 AM
This might be the end for Nintendo. For the hardware it offers, the Wii U needs a price drop in order to compete.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
#23fuzi11Posted 3/21/2013 7:43:32 AM
You listened to too much Pachter again?
#24PigfartsPosted 3/21/2013 7:47:57 AM
GoombaX posted...
I hope everyone has a nice back log and good list of games in their inventory.
Wii U has little to no games
Sony is gonna run the ps4 into the ground, sociably of course
Microsoft is making a dedicated media device.

Nintendo and MS seem to be making the bad choices, to me it looks like sony is learning from their mistakes and will win this generation.

the ps3 real downfall was that it was hard to develope for the processor hence the shotty ports. They fixed that problem, and IDK what MS is doing, they are making the xbox into a social media console for the 2% of people who don't own a computer.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#25Darth_ElusivePosted 3/21/2013 7:50:59 AM
GoombaX posted...

Wii U has little to no games. I understand.

MS making a dedicated media device. Well, the next XBOX still plays games. I think what concerns some people is the RUMORED always connect feature. We still have to see what MS brings.

Please explain what you mean by Sony going to run ps4 into the ground, sociably of course.

As for back log, my back log of unplayed / unfinished games would last me well into 2014. No rush to get any of the next gen console.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#26DeathSnipe777Posted 3/21/2013 7:53:45 AM
Gaming will die in the west maybe, but not in Mother Japan.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#27excitebike64Posted 3/21/2013 7:56:33 AM
This is the best year of gaming, I have seen in years.

I'm not a fan of MS (what a surprise) but even they have a good thing this year and past holiday.

It's not the end of gaming. It's more a massive transition period. This has not happened in years, and people seem to be blinded by this.

I actually think this is a good year for gaming, because all the companies are trying to show off, or getting ready for the new gen of gaming. They are all doing better than they normally would in a stale market.

Now, the cheap pay as you go tactics are here to stay, and more so. That is the main bad thing. But ignoring that, the games seem promising.
#28excitebike64Posted 3/21/2013 7:58:36 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
GoombaX posted...

Wii U has little to no games. I understand.

MS making a dedicated media device. Well, the next XBOX still plays games. I think what concerns some people is the RUMORED always connect feature. We still have to see what MS brings.

Please explain what you mean by Sony going to run ps4 into the ground, sociably of course.

As for back log, my back log of unplayed / unfinished games would last me well into 2014. No rush to get any of the next gen console.

My backlog could last me till 2020, or longer. Yeah, it's fun telling people, I got that.

Then they ask about it. I have not gotten that far, I typically respond.
#29NamcoMuseum2Posted 3/21/2013 8:02:14 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Gaming will die in the west maybe, but not in Mother Japan.

Gaming started in the west, it just became Japanese dominated when Super Mario Bros came to the states.
#30RyuVegasPosted 3/21/2013 8:27:18 AM
Gaming itself won't DIE... But could this be the last console generation? Hell yes it could be. And many other people also think the same thing. And Honestly? I'd say it is about damn time for consoles to die as we universalize gaming and get the ability to play games on any platform we want, much like how we can buy a DVD or Blu-ray Movie and play it on any damn player we want to play it on. Here just read these articles and watch these videos:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/10127-The-Upcoming-And-Pointless-Console-War
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/10132-Seriously-Console-Wars-Are-Pointless

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/partners/game-overthinker/game-overthinker-overbytes-playstation-4
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6905-New-Generation-Old-Bullsh-t

And those are just from the sites I frequent. There are many of other people out there saying just how broken this generation is... and to be honest they are all seeming to say that we, as games, WILL GET FED UP WITH THE BULLS*** that is being fed to us and we will cause another gaming crash just like back in the 80's when many of us are tired of it and finally take a stand.

To think the industry can chug along as it currently is is ignorant an a disservice to your fellow gamer for letting the s*** constantly hit you and you just go "Well it is only A LITTLE s***, we can ignore that." I'm sorry but isn't any s*** on you bad s***? Since when was there even a section for "Acceptable s***?" S*** is S***. And we shouldn't keep taking it from Console Manufacturers, Publishers, and the industry in general.

I've had enough, haven't you defenders had enough too?
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: FE:Awakening, C:LoS:MirrorOfFate
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon