Another Nintendo published game has a "shipping issue"...

#1darkness1018Posted 3/20/2013 11:42:22 PM
Talking about Lego City Undercover. First FE:A now LCU. At first i too thought it was a one time mistake by Nintendo but now....im not sure. Who else thinks they are just having "shipping issues" to drive up eshop sales? If it also happens with Luigi Mansion: Dark Moon then we'll know someting is up for sure.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#2TrueBlue91Posted 3/20/2013 11:48:43 PM
It's not going to work. I 'm certainly not buying through digital distribution from Nintendo of all companies, I can't see why anyone else would either.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3KONGAKREWPosted 3/20/2013 11:50:05 PM
It happens to all of nintendo's monday realeases. Endless Ocean, Rythm Heaven Fever, and Kirby Mass Attack to name a few.
---
Not changing sig until a new 3D Donkey Kong Platformer is announced. Started 8/6/08
#4BirdGasPosted 3/20/2013 11:57:44 PM
In my city, Albuquerque, it was only at Gamestop. Best Buy and Walmart had it day one, so if there is a shipping issue via UPS or whatever, it's certainly not whatever weird conspiracy theory is going on. Sometimes, these things just happen without the world being an evil place to spite consumers of home electronic entertainment.
---
HA! I kill me!
Nintendo Network ID - ALinkToTheSack
#5darkness1018(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 11:59:53 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
It's not going to work. I 'm certainly not buying through digital distribution from Nintendo of all companies, I can't see why anyone else would either.

I know FE:A sold 68,000 digital copies cause of the "shipping issue" but LCU takes up 22 gigs of HD space and for the WiiU, thats alot considering the HD we have to begin with. IF they are doing it for that reason, i will lose alot of respect for Nintendo.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#6DBPanterAPosted 3/21/2013 12:16:08 AM
darkness1018 posted...
Talking about Lego City Undercover. First FE:A now LCU. At first i too thought it was a one time mistake by Nintendo but now....im not sure. Who else thinks they are just having "shipping issues" to drive up eshop sales? If it also happens with Luigi Mansion: Dark Moon then we'll know someting is up for sure.

You are 100% off on shipping issues being used to drive eShop sales. In case you haven't heard, the Wii U is not selling like most retailers expected. Retailers do not like consoles and boxes that size sitting around for a long period of time, especially because they make little money off selling the hardware. They make money on the software side of things. Now is the time that Nintendo must do everything they can to actually promote the retail side of things, although they are trying to make in-roads into the digital world.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7QuagsireQingPosted 3/21/2013 6:49:38 AM
darkness1018 posted...

I can't speak on the delays, since here in Canada everything has made it to store on time, and in Fire Emblem: Awakening's case, a week ahead of time and approved for early sale. So the delays seem to be more the retailers fault than Nintendo's, since the product shares the same origin.

What I can tell you is that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will absolutely be in just as short supply as Fire Emblem and LEGO City Undercover, so you'd better have your order in, or, like the other two, it'll be sold out in a day and you'll have to wait for weeks to get a copy. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is also selling out early, so if your local stores still have copies available to reserve, better get on that, too, if you're interested in the game.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto