Who else is going digital-only this gen?

#1mmarksterPosted 3/21/2013 12:16:05 AM
The only physical games I get are the games you can only get at retail stores.

I prefer to have all my games in one place. Plus, I'm too lazy to switch out discs.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
#2aj_hacker87Posted 3/21/2013 12:17:34 AM
I'd rather pay less so no.
---
Youtube: www.youtube.com/mrdraycan
#3_Izanagi_Posted 3/21/2013 12:31:54 AM
Perhaps if Nintendo didn't have an online system from the Stone Age...
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#4GiygasminionPosted 3/21/2013 12:34:10 AM
I'm going digital only. No regrets here.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#5spealfan444Posted 3/21/2013 1:06:20 AM
Most of the games I'm going to buy are going to be digital.
I will stick for the physical copy of a few games though such a Smash Bros.
I just hate how all the physical-only people are saying that the digital version is more expensive when (at least for brand new games) the price is exactly the same!
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#6DanspurtPosted 3/21/2013 1:11:00 AM(edited)
spealfan444 posted...
I just hate how all the physical-only people are saying that the digital version is more expensive when (at least for brand new games) the price is exactly the same!

No, so far, you could always find it a few bucks cheaper in retail, even brand new.

I won't stay digital only, partly because of above reason but also because me and my friends lend games between each other sometimes and that kinda makes it difficult.

Games like Animal Crossing, which I wouldn't want anyone else to touch anyway, I might buy digital though.
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
#7AlexPumaPosted 3/21/2013 1:45:56 AM
If by "Digital Only" that I only play Steam games, then maybe. For consoles, I do prefer hard discs if I had a choice.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#8phy2jshPosted 3/21/2013 3:45:50 AM
Assuming the cost is the same, I will always choose digital. I can see zero benefit in having retail versions of games. I am, frankly, amazed by the number of people who say they will only buy retail. The licence to play the game is the only thing that has any value; the box it comes in and the CD are worth virtually nothing.

Regardless, people had better get used to downloading games, as I guarantee that boxed, retail games will be a niche market within a few years; purchase of music is already going that way.
#9LinktoDrinkPosted 3/21/2013 3:50:18 AM
I have a hard drive connected and plan to go mostly digital in the future, but only if they start doing price drops and sales... And I mean real ones, not just 5 bucks off. Like if Ken's Rage 2 ever drops to a more appropriate $20 (its at 60 now) I would check that out.

But no matter what, I will not pay full price for a digital download if the price has dropped at retail.
---
Not changing this signature until Shenmue 3 is announced.
Started 9/9/99
#10wingo84Posted 3/21/2013 3:51:21 AM
I would... but in the UK Digital games are way more expensive over retail. ZombiU can be bought for around 30-35 retail, on the eShop it is 54.99 ... same with a lot of games.

Whoever makes up the eShop prices needs a good spanking
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing