Who else is going digital-only this gen?

#121elheberPosted 3/21/2013 4:30:14 PM
You mean like a system transfer? Of course you can.

And you don't need a police report, unless something changed since the 3DS, which didn't.

But at least you admitted there are benefits, so I rest my case.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#122dmaz2Posted 3/21/2013 4:42:54 PM
I usually go for retail unless the game is really hard to find or digital only.
#123MARl0Posted 3/21/2013 4:44:12 PM
Digital only here as well. Love the convenience.
---
Currently playing: Project Diva F (PS3) / Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate (3DS)
#124MiharinPosted 3/21/2013 5:40:13 PM
I'll go all digital on Vita, PS4 etc. and with Steam of course for PC, but not with Nintendo, for the obvious reason of the purchases being tied to hardware. Imagine if your credit cards worked like that, all your money would be on the actual card. Then you lose your wallet...
---
Now playing: Video games
#125EsracPosted 3/21/2013 10:59:47 PM
I don't have a problem with physical copies, but I generally prefer digital copies when I can. I like the convenience of having all my games just a button press or mouse click away. More importantly, I like not having to worry about the useless clutter that comes with owning a bunch of game disks and cases.

I understand a lot of people like having the cases and manuals to look at, but I just see them as another useless item that I have to find a place for. They're pretty much plastic and paper junk, when you can have the manual and artwork digitally.

Of course, I'm speaking from the POV of a primarily PC gamer (PC Master Race), so I may be biased toward the digital game revolution when PC gamers have long had systems in place that are very good at handling the digital distribution of games. I obviously speak of Steam and GOG.

DD is the standard for PC gaming these days and it's making a lot of progress on consoles (even if Nintendo's current DD system is terrible). As long as the Console companies start taking notes from companies like Valve, I think DD on consoles will become the standard too. Especially as the technology of consoles gets better, hard drive sizes increase, and internet access becomes more expansive.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#126EsracPosted 3/21/2013 11:01:53 PM
I'll go all digital on Vita, PS4 etc. and with Steam of course for PC, but not with Nintendo, for the obvious reason of the purchases being tied to hardware. Imagine if your credit cards worked like that, all your money would be on the actual card. Then you lose your wallet...

That's why I generally prefer to not carry much, if any cash. Unless I know I'm going to likely need cash in the near future, I greatly prefer to use my debit card to make payments. If I lose the card? I can get it blocked immediately and replaced within a few days. If I lose a wallet full of cash? The money is just gone.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#127spealfan444Posted 3/22/2013 3:20:59 AM
IloveElite posted...
Good luck when your Wii U fails and you have to buy ALL your games again as they are linked to the hardware and not your account :P

You know, Nintendo WILL replace your console and they WILL give you all your digital games back, as long as you have a Club Nintendo account. Which by the way I've never seen a Nintendo console owner without one.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#128MiharinPosted 3/22/2013 3:55:26 AM
Will they still replace it after your warranty is gone?
---
Now playing: Video games
#129xoftheuniversePosted 3/22/2013 4:03:15 AM
spealfan444 posted...
Most of the games I'm going to buy are going to be digital.
I will stick for the physical copy of a few games though such a Smash Bros.
I just hate how all the physical-only people are saying that the digital version is more expensive when (at least for brand new games) the price is exactly the same!

I got the following games pre-ordered. NSMBU, MH3U, Batman ACAE (was kicking myself when it went down) -47.99 each, Castlevania LoS MOF,NSMB2, SM3DL, Luigis Mansion DM, Paper Mario SS, KHDDD,MGS3D, TOTA, DOAD, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Resident Evil rev., Nintendogs+cats, -29.99 each. Physical copies have the advantage of sales but the true reason you should not go digital is because of save data. (assuming Nintendo would let you re download your titles if your system becomes bricked) Look at the 3DS. unless you have a safe way to copy and protect your save file, it's a bad idea.
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#130spealfan444Posted 3/22/2013 4:11:11 AM
Miharin posted...
Will they still replace it after your warranty is gone?

They will, it's just that you have to pay for the repair instead.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.