Wii U sold 2.6m in 4 months. Xbox 360 only 2. ps3 2.4m same time.

#1knightimexPosted 3/21/2013 1:21:20 AM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

On a global scale wii u beat both ps3 and Xbox 360 in sales and the LOL funny part is that it did it with no games.

ps3 and 360 had AAA block busters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FDCPTJVg
---
Old School Games FTW!
#2kingbadjoPosted 3/21/2013 1:25:30 AM
this topic has been done to death. and yes it's true and we all know. Please don't feed trolls. Let them continue... It amuses me.

But what they are saying is that for the last couple of weeks the wiiU has sold poorly. oh yea and also your numbers are wrong. the other 2 gens sold around 1.7 mill. But was also affected by a shortage of hardware.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#3darkus_fPosted 3/21/2013 1:26:36 AM
Hey look, ANOTHER topic to incite unnecessary flame instead of a topic talking about a WiiU game or a WiiU feature or an upcoming WiiU game.

And it's about sales even though the WiiU is the lowest selling console in the past 8 years. Oh crap! Now I'll be labelled as a troll.

Fanboys and trolls. Trolls and fanboys. >.>
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PS3 PSN: darkus_f
#4Chocobo115Posted 3/21/2013 1:31:04 AM
Why are sales not picking up then?
Why is PS3 selling at least 4 times better than Wii U does weekly? When they are competing with eachother headon hardwarewise?
Why is Nintendo just offering rags and scraps from the other consoles(ports of older games)? Why are they just offering a new hollow NSMBU?
Why didn't they sort out a decent online account system when they had all theese years to observe how Playstation 3 & 360 does it?
Why didn't they beef up the hardware so it could compete with PS4?
Why didn't they get started with firstparty games earlier so they could ensure having a 3D Mario game at launch?
Why didn't they make more games so they could spread the releases evenly over the year?
Why didn't they support the Pro Controller better?
Why?
#5GdboyratedloudPosted 3/21/2013 1:37:16 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Why is PS3 selling at least 4 times better than Wii U does weekly? When they are competing with eachother headon hardwarewise?
Why is Nintendo just offering rags and scraps from the other consoles(ports of older games)? Why are they just offering a new hollow NSMBU?
Why didn't they sort out a decent online account system when they had all theese years to observe how Playstation 3 & 360 does it?
Why didn't they get started with firstparty games earlier so they could ensure having a 3D Mario game at launch?
Why didn't they make more games so they could spread the releases evenly over the year?
Why?

Why was the PS2 outselling the PS3 during and after launch?
Why was the PS3 getting year old ports of 360 games?
WHy would you want Ninty to copy their competitors?
Why would they need to beef up the hardware when what they have is enough?
Why would they have a 3D Mario at launch when 2D Mario outsells 3D Mario?
Why are you acting like no games have been released since launch?
Why are you complaining about an optional controller?
Why you so mad?
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#6MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 3/21/2013 1:42:32 AM
knightimex posted...
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

On a global scale wii u beat both ps3 and Xbox 360 in sales and the LOL funny part is that it did it with no games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FDCPTJVg

I guess you don't wanna mention how they didn't drop off in sales anywhere near as badly as the Wii U.

The Wii U sales in it's launch stages merely show that the fanboys went and got one. The horrible sales that are following it's launch are showing not many people other than the nintendrones give a **** about this console.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#7knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:56:21 AM(edited)
Chocobo115 posted...
Because money isn't a magical item everyone has all the time
Out side of core+ gamers I don't think the general public even knows it exists. Wii U is a bomb just waiting to explode.

Why is PS3 selling at least 4 times better than Wii U does weekly? When they are
Because ps4 isn't BC
Also said sales are ALL new?
Xbox 360 \ wii fans are not allowed to own different console?

competing with eachother headon hardwarewise?
What?

I can recall Xbox 360 having ports from last gen as well.
* Because it's fun?

All of the sudden it's ok to be a clone now?

Because you won't pay $600+ for it

How come god of war 3 wasn't a ps3 launch?, or halo 3 not a 360 launch game?

Games take time to make, you can't just add water.

Why?
Who's to say an update on that won't exist?
---
Old School Games FTW!
#8Chocobo115Posted 3/21/2013 1:43:34 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
Why?

Why was the PS2 outselling the PS3 during and after launch?
Why was the PS3 getting year old ports of 360 games?
WHy would you want Ninty to copy their competitors?
Why would they need to beef up the hardware when what they have is enough?
Why would they have a 3D Mario at launch when 2D Mario outsells 3D Mario?
Why are you acting like no games have been released since launch?
Why are you complaining about an optional controller?
Why you so mad?

Because Nintendo owns Monolith Software now :(

Anyways PS3 seldomly gets year old ports from 360. and the rare occasions the PS3 versions gets at least 10% added content.
and 3D Mario sells consoles, 2D Mario doesn't
And there haven't been ANY (in my eyes ofc) games worth getting released yet on the Wii U.
#9The_AkxsionPosted 3/21/2013 2:23:58 AM
knightimex posted...

I don't know about 360 but the ps3 didn't have any good games for 3 years. The ps3 launch library was horrid.

lol Resistance! XD
---
BACK IN AKXSION beby! Back by popular demand!
Do you even lift? I lift.
#10jairusmonillasPosted 3/21/2013 2:33:27 AM
PS3 was $599 in the beginning.

And by the way, PS3 or 360 never sold anywhere near 57k in a month. ROFL.