Wii U sold 2.6m in 4 months. Xbox 360 only 2. ps3 2.4m same time.

#61lillan2967Posted 3/21/2013 8:06:20 AM
Snide_Scarred posted...

Hell, I've had the 3DS for almost two years and the best title is still a N64 port (Zelda: Ocarina of Time). Serious waste of money.

Lol do you even play games, bro?
#62RECON64bitPosted 3/21/2013 8:14:25 AM
Rusmurf posted...
RECON64bit posted...
yes way to look at the numbers, when records are being broken even in the midst of economic collapse.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/03/15/february-video-game-sales/1990391/

brb video games are still selling more than they did a decade ago.
brb one month of february in comparison to previous benchmarks set by current gen/last gen.
#63freedreePosted 3/21/2013 8:17:35 AM
freedree posted...
The reason why people are saying the Wii U is selling poorly, I think, is because of the fact that it is Nintendo, that the Wii sold so much.
Everyone expected that, even though a lot of people were disappointed in the Wii and probably wouldn't buy the Wii U straight away, there would be many more Nintendo enthusiasts buying this console. But instead, it is selliing just over what the 360 and PS3 sold at first (if what I heard is true), and not way more like the bigger fan-base would have led to believe.

Uh no, the reason people are saying Wii U is selling poorly is because Wii U sold worse in January and February than PS3 or 360 ever sold in their entire lifetimes to date.

This is not just business as usual. This is extemely bad for a console that's less than 6 months old and has no actual competition yet.

AAaaahh, I kept hearing that it did better then the xbox 360 and the PS3 in the same time frame XD, then again, I didn't really take the time to look it up myself, and I can't even remember where I hear it lol.
#64RusmurfPosted 3/21/2013 8:22:51 AM(edited)
RECON64bit posted...
Rusmurf posted...
RECON64bit posted...
yes way to look at the numbers, when records are being broken even in the midst of economic collapse.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/03/15/february-video-game-sales/1990391/

brb video games are still selling more than they did a decade ago.
brb one month of february in comparison to previous benchmarks set by current gen/last gen.

So numbers from 10 years ago, and a generation ago means business is fine?
#65meiyukiPosted 3/21/2013 8:24:01 AM
freedree posted...

AAaaahh, I kept hearing that it did better then the xbox 360 and the PS3 in the same time frame XD, then again, I didn't really take the time to look it up myself, and I can't even remember where I hear it lol.

First of all you're responding to a troll, second if you look at total sales from launch till now, and compare the similar periods for the ps3 and 360 the wiiU beat them pretty well. Third the month to month sales figures are estimates, and news has shown that they're likely underestimates. Fourth if you compare past console launches the wiiU is not really that far off average. Console sales for the first year tend to hover around the 100k a month range. Most consoles(the successful ones) have slow starts and then pick up and start selling in their 3rd and 4th years.

Here's a fun fact, the ps2 is the best selling home console of all time, in it's first year it sold worse than the dreamcast, ps1, and n64 in that same year.

People did the exact same thing for the 3ds, we've linked to those thread before, it's the nintendo cycle and they're going to look just as foolish. But see that doesn't matter they're trolls they don't care about facts and logic.
#66googlerPosted 3/21/2013 8:35:04 AM
PS3 had a bloated price and crappy titles at launch. 360 couldn't be manufactured fast enough to meet demand, so how does that even compare to U's situation? They flooded the market so that there wouldn't be a shortage, and people didn't bite
#67megax11Posted 3/21/2013 8:38:55 AM
Drone? Really, Zaggy? You be trollin', son. I own every system dating back to the NES. I own the games you listed. That doesn't make them games that I would want to be stranded with on an island, if I had to choose.

You know what I see in your list, despite owning them?

Gritty RPG with no imagination, gritty RPG with no imagination, gritty platformer, gritty platformer mixed with endless shooting x3, gritty FPS, another gritty FPS, gritty bootleg shooter that plays like an RPG with no imagination, FPS puzzle game, RTS, gritty FPS x2, don't know anything about Fez, good game but too short, gritty action/RPG by insecure japanese developers who try to westernize things because they're afraid to use their imagination, gritty third person shooter x4, superbly milked franchise that plays the same, gritty shooter/RPG, gritty american RPG with no imagination, FPS x2, gritty GTA wannabe, Minecraft is the only thing that dared to be different.

I see you that repetitve list of games - which I own but diversify with better games listed below - and raise you the best of 7th gen games -

In order of system release -

DS -

Bangai-O Spirits
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Chrono Trigger
Contact
Contra 4
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
Ghost Trick
Golden Sun
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Mass Attack
Kirby Squeak Squad
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Magical Starsign
Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man ZX: Advent
Metal Slug 7
Monster Tale
Nanostray
Nanostray 2
Nostalgia
Okamiden
Radiant Historia
Solatorobo
Sands of Destruction
Sonic Colors
Super Princess Peach
World Ends with You
Yoshi's Island DS

360 -

Ace Combat 6
Akai Katana
Blue Dragon
DeathSmiles
Earth Defense Force 2017
Infinite Undiscovery
Kameo
Magna Carta 2
Otomedius Excellent
Project Sylpheed
Raiden IV
Raiden Fighters Aces
Tales of Vesperia

PSP -

Brave Story
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Crimson Gem Saga
Exit
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV
Mega Man: Powered Up
Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X

PS3 -

3D Dot Game Heroes
Eye of Judgment
Ni No Kuni
Playstation All Stars
Ratchet and Clank: ToD
Ratchet and Clank: ACiT
Ratchet and Clank: A4O
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Tales of Graces F
Tales of Xillia

Wii -

Arc Rise Fantasia
Batman: Brave and the Bold
Boy and his Blob
Castle of Shikigami III
Donkey Kong Returns
Epic Mickey
Ghost Squad
Gunblade NY & LA Machineguns
Kirbys Epic Yarn
Kirbys Returns to Dreamland
Klonoa
Kore Gang
Lost in Shadow
Muramasa
Pandora's Tower
Punch Out
Sin and Punishment
Sky Crawlers
Sonic Colors
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Wario Land
Xenoblade
Zack and Wiki

Multi -

Bayonetta
Catherine
El Shaddai
Epic Mickey 2
Eternal Sonata
Ghostbusters
ANY Lego game
Lollipop Chainsaw
Marvel vs. Capcom (series)
Rayman Origins
Skylanders (series)
Sonic Racing (series)
Street Fighter IV (series)

If it weren't for these games, the 7th gen would have sucked hardcore, thanks to everything needing to be gritty, M-Rated, and lacking originality and imagination. These games are from my personal collection, so you were dead wrong about me being a drone. Troll harder. :P
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#68RockmanALPosted 3/21/2013 9:03:03 AM
what's the point of console vs consoles?
what's the point of console vs PC?
what's the point of game vs another game?

I really don't get gamers nowadays, can't you just play the game and have fun with it?
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#69knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 9:23:12 AM
poppen695 posted...
knightimex posted...
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

On a global scale wii u beat both ps3 and Xbox 360 in sales and the LOL funny part is that it did it with no games.

ps3 and 360 had AAA block busters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FDCPTJVg

For a new to market system vs ones that have been around for nearly 7 years now...these numbers are embarassing to nintendo..you do realize this right....you effectively tied sales with a 7 year old console....shameful...

Wouldn't it be fair to allow wii u to reach 7 years and then compare at the 7 year mark?
As of right now you're comparing 7 years to 4 months.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#70knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 9:25:59 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
knightimex posted...
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

On a global scale wii u beat both ps3 and Xbox 360 in sales and the LOL funny part is that it did it with no games.

ps3 and 360 had AAA block busters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FDCPTJVg

So are you admitting it's a current gen system?

Everything about the wii u is next gen.

If the wii u was released during the same time as ps3 and 360 it would have murdered both of them.

JUST from media alone it would destroy Xbox 360 and no forced installs like PS3.
---
Old School Games FTW!