Wii U Gamepad bluetooth?

#1fuzi11Posted 3/21/2013 6:47:46 AM
So does the Wii U Gamepad connects to the Wii U via bluetooth. I'd love to see the gamepad connecting to a PC.

It was really easy to connect the Wii remote with the PC and apart from emulating Wii games on PC it didn't really have... well... any uses besides being a senseless gimmick. But I would love if the Gamepad can connect to the PC and that I could stream the video and audio to the gamepad screen.

Anyone knows, if someone is working on that?
#2EoinPosted 3/21/2013 6:52:33 AM(edited)
The Bluetooth connection only handles the controller inputs. Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth for A/V connections of anywhere near the quality that the GamePad uses.

The streaming is done by a highly customised and proprietary variant of 802.11n. It's not impossible that this could be replicated by a PC but it'd be tricky.
#3jeff4433V2Posted 3/21/2013 7:35:25 AM
Whatever they're using, I wish Nintendo would make an external range extender so you could play the gamepad from anywhere in the house
#4vidalmorazaPosted 3/21/2013 8:09:11 AM
jeff4433V2 posted...
Whatever they're using, I wish Nintendo would make an external range extender so you could play the gamepad from anywhere in the house

Game pad developer said range extender and online play is possible, but up to Nintendo
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg