Any reason not to buy it at target?

#1XiocamiePosted 3/21/2013 10:25:46 AM
I may get this soon, but haven't decided where to go and buy it. Usually any similar purchases would be at best buy (closest place to my home), but I hear target gives you a 50$ gift card if you buy a Wii U from them?

Do other stores have any such offer? if not everyone would should be buying their consoles from target, unless there's a catch to it. Does the gift card apply if I go and buy it at the store? or is it an online buy only thing? Also I'm assuming it applies to the basic 299$ white console, as I won't be getting the other edition one.
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 3/21/2013 10:30:49 AM
Newegg.com sells the Zombi U bundle. They never charge shipping, but what might make it the best deal is that depending on where you live they don't charge tax, which is a nice bit of savings on an expensive console. Particularly if you know you want Zombi U, a pro controller, and Nintendo Land, the bundle is probably the best value you'll find.

There's also a good chance another retailer will offer a major discount soon if the system continues to sit on store shelves, so you may just want to wait.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3KenauePosted 3/21/2013 10:37:13 AM
Target us offering a $50 gift card right now as well as a buy 2 get one free on games. Bought mine yesterday with Batman, Mario Bros., and Spider-Man (free). Used the gift card on one of the games
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 3/21/2013 1:08:14 PM
Be wary of B2G1 free deals, as they generally sell the games at full price ($60). Sometimes paying $120 to get three games ($40 per game) is a worse deal than simply buying them separately when they are on sale. For instance, games like Batman, Darksiders 2, and Spiderman have already been on sale for $30 or less, so getting those games as part of this deal is not a good value.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5DiscostewSMPosted 3/21/2013 1:21:42 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Be wary of B2G1 free deals, as they generally sell the games at full price ($60). Sometimes paying $120 to get three games ($40 per game) is a worse deal than simply buying them separately when they are on sale. For instance, games like Batman, Darksiders 2, and Spiderman have already been on sale for $30 or less, so getting those games as part of this deal is not a good value.

I kinda put myself in a pickle right now. I'd like MH3U and Lego City, but I'm not paying $60/$50 for each, so I was going to go with the Target offer to get a 3rd, but I unfortunately don't have an interest in anything else for that 3rd game, and I wouldn't want to waste it. It would have been NFS:MW, but I got that through Origin (which I'm still waiting for them to process....) for $30 because that was a rather good deal imo, but that might also have been a mistake in this case since I don't have a set 3 selection I'd want for the deal anymore, only 2. So now, I'm likely to just wait till either of those 2 games to go on sale later in the future, or go on eBay.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6icarus231Posted 3/21/2013 1:27:18 PM
If bestbuy still has any darksider 2 is on clearence for $20
#7RockD79Posted 3/21/2013 1:39:47 PM
I have both LC and N4S reserved at GameStop. However, Sunday I took a stab with Target.com to see what was covered under the B2G1. To my surprise both were so I picked Tomb Raider as my 3rd game. LC came out to be free. I picked Wed delivery for LC and snail mailed the other two expect Friday- Tuesday. Still haven't gotten anything yet but LC is expected Friday evening and Tomb Raider Tuesday evening. N4S and they silly Lego toy didn't even ship yet. So I'm thinking the Tuesday max wait date is in limbo. Small price to pay for a free game I guess. First time Target.com user.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#8KenauePosted 3/21/2013 3:40:32 PM
For those in the know, how long is N4S on sale on Origin for the Wii u?
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
PSN: Lord_CBH / Live: LordCBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#9DBPanterAPosted 3/22/2013 12:06:17 AM
Kenaue posted...
For those in the know, how long is N4S on sale on Origin for the Wii u?

EA is doing a player appreciation week. It started the 19th. I would assume it goes to the 26th. This is for many different titles across all platforms. I bought Need for Speed on the 19th. I can wait a week and save $30. . .
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#10RockD79Posted 3/22/2013 8:32:54 PM
It was a pain in the ass but the nightmare ordering from Target.com is halfway over. Ordered everything on Sunday. LC came today, two days late. Tomb Raider will be on time for being snail mailed. Need for Speed... no idea where the hell that is other than the fact it hasn't shipped yet. Should have been on par shipping with Tomb Raider but that doesnt look likely now. The silly LC figure shipped also and is coming separately... what a waste. 4 separate packages.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.