Any reason not to buy it at target?

#11sjc1279Posted 3/22/2013 9:43:42 PM
Bestbuy is selling Wii U Basic for $249.99 and some people at cheapassgamer.com price matched it at target. Getting Wii U Basic for $249.99 +$50 Gift Card.
#12RockD79Posted 3/26/2013 9:55:32 AM
So after a week long wait I have only received Lego City Friday and am expecting Tomb Raider later today. However, I received an email this morning stating that my 3rd game, Need for Speed U won't be available till mid April. At that time it also stated that if they can't ship it in mid April that it would be canceled. So I called to see if I could swap it for another game and they said no. They said possibly if Need for Speed doesn't ship in mid April that they may consider a swap of equal value. So basically I was told I have to wait 3 more weeks till they fumble my order to help me. So I've decided to take Tomb Raider back to the store tomorrow and cancel Need for Speed. I wasn't in much of a rush for anything but waiting a month with no options is silly. I should have just picked up Lego City at GameStop. Wish I never canceled my reserve. I knew this deal was too good to be true. Won't surprise to see the game on the shelf either when I wipe my hands of it tomorrow. I'm hopefully others didn't have to go through this mess. I'm sticking to Amazon and Best Buy for these crazy deals. Never again at Target.com.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.
#13DBPanterAPosted 3/26/2013 10:12:34 AM
^I don't think Target is the issue. What people forget is that a retail store will purchase X amount of games based on how many they feel they can buy from a company, like EA. EA I don't believe thought the game would sell, considering it is out on other platforms and has been for over a year. The initial physical production of the game was probably very low. Throw in EA's stupidity of putting it on sale at their on-line store the day of release only hurt things.

Doing a Buy 2 get 1 free deal means you really have to want 3 games and haven't bought anything lately. The thing is, there are enough deals on-line and at retail for games every day and every week that could are simply better. The last 4 retail games I have bought have been 50% off due to limited sales, and this includes games I pre-ordered that have not been released. . .
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#14RockD79Posted 3/26/2013 12:59:13 PM
DBPanterA posted...
^I don't think Target is the issue. What people forget is that a retail store will purchase X amount of games based on how many they feel they can buy from a company, like EA. EA I don't believe thought the game would sell, considering it is out on other platforms and has been for over a year. The initial physical production of the game was probably very low. Throw in EA's stupidity of putting it on sale at their on-line store the day of release only hurt things.

Doing a Buy 2 get 1 free deal means you really have to want 3 games and haven't bought anything lately. The thing is, there are enough deals on-line and at retail for games every day and every week that could are simply better. The last 4 retail games I have bought have been 50% off due to limited sales, and this includes games I pre-ordered that have not been released. . .

True but they don't need to advertise that the product is available online when it's in fact on back order or out of stock. It should specify that upon selecting items. Plus I'm hearing its readily available in Walmarts and GameStops. Not gonna be shocked if its on the shelf in Target tomorrow either. Again I don't mind the wait but no need to wait a month before they decide whether or not they're gonna help either. I'm washing my hands of it unless they have suggestions or alternatives tomorrow... and that's only if they ask why I'm returning it and show an interest in fixing it.
---
The Wii U Board. The #1 Place For Your Tool Topic Needs. Tooling Users Since Nov 2012.