Games selling out means its only bought because a lack of games?

#21SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 8:40:37 AM
How many exclusives came out between the system's launch and this week?

Following this week, when does the next exclusive game release at retail?

Answer those questions and then tell me that the Wii U hasn't been lacking games.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#22meiyukiPosted 3/22/2013 8:44:11 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...

Answer those questions and then tell me that the Wii U hasn't been lacking games.

Explain to me how wiiU owners can't play any other game in all existence.
#23SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 8:58:07 AM
meiyuki posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

What? I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to non-exclusives, or are you talking about playing games on consoles other than the Wii U? Apply my question to third party non-exclusives and the answers don't change all that drastically. Hopefully we hear some news about at least one Nintendo title being released during summer.
---
#24meiyukiPosted 3/22/2013 9:10:00 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
meiyuki posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

What? I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to non-exclusives, or are you talking about playing games on consoles other than the Wii U? Apply my question to third party non-exclusives and the answers don't change all that drastically. Hopefully we hear some news about at least one Nintendo title being released during summer.

If people want to claim the only reason a game is selling is because there's nothing else it assumes that wiiU owners can't buy games for any other system. While you're technically only trying to claim the system doesn't have games the whole topic is about that leading these sales. The problem is gamers don't have just one system, I have more games than I can manage to play right now.

This whole console war stupidity assumes no one on earth owns multiple systems. I don't doubt some people bought these games for that reason, but they do that with ANY game. However, march has been a huge month for releases and somehow these games arn't having any trouble selling.

These arguments really get dumber and dumber every day.
#25SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 9:22:22 AM
Well, I'm certainly not claiming that the games are only selling because there is nothing else. LC and MH3 are both really good and should sell regardless. If anything, the lack of games only contributes to a small fraction of purchases. But I do still think the Wii U has had far too few releases since launch, and there are far too few releases between now and fall.

But I'm in the same boat as you. I have more than enough to play on Steam alone, and my Gamefly queue still has plenty of PS3 and 360 games to keep me busy. But having just bought a Wii U, I'd like to see a few more games with definite launch dates coming up. I'm sure the new releases will keep me busy for a while, but I'm just worried we might not even see games like Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101 this year. I'm sure we'll learn a lot at E3, and hopefully the news will be good.
---
#26meiyukiPosted 3/22/2013 9:23:57 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...

But I'm in the same boat as you. I have more than enough to play on Steam alone, and my Gamefly queue still has plenty of PS3 and 360 games to keep me busy. But having just bought a Wii U, I'd like to see a few more games with definite launch dates coming up. I'm sure the new releases will keep me busy for a while, but I'm just worried we might not even see games like Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101 this year. I'm sure we'll learn a lot at E3, and hopefully the news will be good.

So it's like every console launch ever.
#27SlimeSwayzePosted 3/22/2013 9:51:59 AM
meiyuki posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

So it's like every console launch ever.

Not in my experience. I had way more games to play on my 360, Gamecube, and Dreamcast when I bought those systems at or near launch, and those systems also had a lot more that we knew for sure would be coming in the Holiday season. It's too early to judge how the first year will go by the time it's over, but right now it's once of the worst I've seen in terms of the game selection that has been provided to the player.
---
#28ThaPrinceRazielPosted 3/22/2013 10:08:27 AM
You guys stress about how the Wii U is a gaming device, not a media device. Yet street view is probably the most used app since I got this thing. Of course MH will sell out.
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#29excitebike64Posted 3/22/2013 11:41:16 AM
A game selling big at such an early time period of any system launch means people actually see games they want to buy.

It is actually the opposite, for people that actually buy WiiUs. They think it is a good game library.

I highly doubt the majority of sales are to people already owning a WiiU. It is a mix of people buying WIiUs and already having one.

The same with Lego City.

I'm waiting for the big Japanese releases to boost sales, however. DQX and Pokemon. A lot of truth will come from those titles over there.