Best Sonic game?

#41Phantom_NookPosted 3/21/2013 2:53:54 PM
The_DOAM posted...
Is Generations really that good cause I haven't played any of the sonic's made after Sonic '06.

They way improved after 06. Unleashed 360 is my favorite Sonic game (even though Generations is technically better).
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#42Nintendoboy77Posted 3/21/2013 2:59:27 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Nintendoboy77 posted...
Nope. Even though Classic Sonic wasn't perfect, it played more like a Sonic game than Modern Sonic does.

What does this even mean?

It means Sonic doesn't have any of the mechanics that built him anymore. He's turned into something he really isn't.
#43BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/21/2013 3:06:40 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
It means Sonic doesn't have any of the mechanics that built him anymore. He's turned into something he really isn't.

Modern Sonic in Generations is made of speed and platforming. Don't tell me it's boost to win because that's the best way to repeatedly die.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#44TrueBlue91Posted 3/21/2013 3:09:15 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...

Modern Sonic in Generations is made of speed and platforming. Don't tell me it's boost to win because that's the best way to repeatedly die.

Don't bother. He's one of those purists who won't accept that Modern Sonic gameplay in Generations was awesome.

I'll admit that personally I think the Sonic Adventure formula was overall better as a concept, but Modern Sonic in Generations was fun enough for me to not care anymore.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#45Nintendoboy77Posted 3/21/2013 3:17:57 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Nintendoboy77 posted...

Don't bother. He's one of those purists who won't accept that Modern Sonic gameplay in Generations was awesome.

I'll admit that personally I think the Sonic Adventure formula was overall better as a concept, but Modern Sonic in Generations was fun enough for me to not care anymore.

That's funny cause if I was a purist I would like nothing but the classics. And it just so happens I do like other Sonic games. Just anything with that modern Sonic in it I refuse to call a Sonic game.
#46petran78Posted 3/21/2013 3:32:33 PM
I also played the arcade version of Sonic 2 with joystick. later it was removed for the even better arcade version of shinobi 3.

Though I think the Genesis version of Sonic 1 was the best and purest.

regarding 3D, I choose Sonic Heroes
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#47mjc0961Posted 3/21/2013 3:35:24 PM
XD375 posted...
2D - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
3D - Sonic Generations

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#48mjc0961Posted 3/21/2013 3:36:57 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Nintendoboy77 posted...

That's funny cause if I was a purist I would like nothing but the classics. And it just so happens I do like other Sonic games. Just anything with that modern Sonic in it I refuse to call a Sonic game.

"I'm not a purist that only likes the classics, I just refuse to call Sonic Adventure and everything that came after it a Sonic game!"

Except by excluding everything with modern Sonic, all you have left are the classics. Nice one kid.
---
sirtonne posted...
#49mjc0961Posted 3/21/2013 3:37:25 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
Nope. Even though Classic Sonic wasn't perfect, it played more like a Sonic game than Modern Sonic does.

What does this even mean?

Hey, it's still less stupid than your sig.
---
sirtonne posted...
#50Nintendoboy77Posted 3/21/2013 3:53:06 PM
mjc0961 posted...
"I'm not a purist that only likes the classics, I just refuse to call Sonic Adventure and everything that came after it a Sonic game!"

Except by excluding everything with modern Sonic, all you have left are the classics. Nice one kid.

Nope. Wrong. Modern Sonic has to do with the boost focus of gameplay (Unleashed up). Also, you are forgetting the handheld games. I do like the Sonic Advance series and the Sonic Rush series.