Zen Pinball 2 is now avaliable in the eShop

#11RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 9:39:56 PM
Ho_Li_Pu posted...
This demo is a stinking pile of s*** and I cant believe I waited over two months in anticipation to play this.

Proceeding to delete now.

You can't afford $3 for a single table?

Why are gamers so cheap now?

The devs cant afford to give one free table out of the 20 avaliable?

Why are devs so cheap now?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#12RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 9:41:12 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Is it good pinball at least?

Also, does it have off-TV play?

I wouldn't know since you play for such a short amount of time. If your asking if you can play from the Gamepad I wanna say no but not sure.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#13Baha05Posted 3/21/2013 9:41:41 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

I think it's decent

And yes off-tv play is present though a bit weird as you need to swipe the game pad screen a certain way to activate it.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#14GloryChaosPosted 3/21/2013 9:45:04 PM
Ho_Li_Pu posted...
This demo is a stinking pile of s*** and I cant believe I waited over two months in anticipation to play this.

Proceeding to delete now.

You can't afford $3 for a single table?

Why are gamers so cheap now?

If gamers were cheap, DLC would be a failed concept alongside microtransactions.

But both of those tactics have succeeded and games are actually criticized for not containing any DLC these days.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#15iphysPosted 3/21/2013 10:03:42 PM
So far I only downloaded the Epic Quest table for $3, because I already have Zen Pinball 3D and would prefer to have more tables on my 3DS, but I consider $3 (actually $2.70 with DDP) for an awesome pinball table a bargain.

That said, the amount of time they give you to try the tables isn't really enough to figure out how much content each table has to know which ones to buy, because there's often quite a long process to making certain things happen on the tables. I would have preferred they gave us something like ten 5-minute trials at each table instead of unlimited 1-minute trials. I think people would be more likely to buy the tables if they could get a real dose of what they're like and have a chance to get into them.
#16Ralala888Posted 3/21/2013 10:20:51 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

I really enjoy Zen Pinball 2. I've gone through most of the demo tables so far and bought the Plants vs Zombies table to start with.

Off-TV play is really easy. You just swipe down like you're pulling it onto the gamepad, and swipe back up as if you're tossing it back to the TV.

The demos ARE short but you can replay them over and over. I was able to decide if I liked a table or not within a demo play. Some of them I went back and played twice just to make sure.

Downloading the demos and new tables is a little counter intuitive, since you have to go to the eShop, download only so many at a time, wait for them to finish, restart the game to install, rise and repeat until you have everything, but it doesn't take very long so I didn't find it to be a problem. Plus I just watched TV while I did all that and used the GamePad for the eShop.
#17Petey_MeanisPosted 3/22/2013 4:08:11 AM

I'm guessing you don't own a PS3 or Vita since the Zen Pinball trial is the same on them.

It's not a bad demo since you can download and try every table available and play them multiple times ( no limited uses like all the other Wii U demos ) to get a good feel for what they offer. I bought two, Epic Quest and Plants vs Zombies after playing the trial tables a few times. Well worth the $6.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#18STN79Posted 3/22/2013 4:14:13 AM
Isn't there supposed to be some Star wars tables out now? I'm pretty sure they're already available on the PSN version. Maybe i'm mistaken but i thought those had been released.
#19overkillwfo1978Posted 3/22/2013 4:56:49 AM
I knew this was on the 360, but never downloaded it there. I just bought Epic Quest and it is really fun. They did a great job on the design and feel for these tables. Well worth the 2.99 I payed. Will probably buy one of the Marvel packs later also.
---
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX
#20Waggy17Posted 3/22/2013 6:46:45 AM
STN79 posted...
Isn't there supposed to be some Star wars tables out now? I'm pretty sure they're already available on the PSN version. Maybe i'm mistaken but i thought those had been released.

Boba Fett, Empire Strikes Back, and Clone Wars tables are out on PSN.

It's fairly easy to get a really high score on the Plants vs Zombies table
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg