Nintendo Meeting Uk Retailers Who Are Worried About Wii U Sales

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/21/2013 4:32:21 PM
The Wii U price has been lowered some days ago in Europe: some big retail chains like Gamestop have brought the price down, offering both console packs with around 100 euros off the full price. Despite the unofficial price drop, sales haven’t improved at all.

Nintendo UK has just announced that they will meet with retailers who are now worried about the console’s performance on the market: the console’s Uk price has been lowered as well, with a 50£ cut, but retailers like Amazon, Asda and ShopTo, among others, have found out that the cut brought a result smaller than anticipated.

With low console sales some chains have told MCV that they will be looking at the amount of shelf space taken by Nintendo’s platforms: as of now Nintendo has not lost any shelf space but the lack of a solid marketing strategy can make things change, and not for the better. Some retailers fear a “Gamecube” situation again: the console lacked a solid marketing strategy and wasn’t as successful as previous Nintendo consoles, despite a strong title lineup

For these reasons, Nintendo UK will meet with retailers and discuss its 2013 Wii U strategies: the Japanese company hopes that the strong upcoming line up will improve the situation.

http://www.explosion.com/25571/nintendo-meeting-uk-retailers-worried-about-wii-u-sales/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2BoomerTheGreatPosted 3/21/2013 4:41:14 PM
I believe I know why EU sales are bad. EU is going in a recession big time. Germany is the only country in the Euro Zone with under 10% unemployment. I just did a research topic on Spain and its unemployment is at 26%. Crazy right?
---
Greatness comes from within
#3jairusmonillasPosted 3/21/2013 4:44:17 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
I believe I know why EU sales are bad. EU is going in a recession big time. Germany is the only country in the Euro Zone with under 10% unemployment. I just did a research topic on Spain and its unemployment is at 26%. Crazy right?

lol no. sony is dominating europe.
#4Smoking_HamsterPosted 3/21/2013 4:44:42 PM
PS3 and 360 sell fine in Europe. The economy has nothing to do with it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmokinghamster
#5BoomerTheGreatPosted 3/21/2013 4:47:48 PM
Dont let trolling cloud the truth from you. EU is in trouble. I highly doubt Europeans are worried about gaming when their economy is tanking. Maybe after it improves.
---
Greatness comes from within
#6MegaWinFTWPosted 3/21/2013 4:52:49 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Dont let trolling cloud the truth from you. EU is in trouble. I highly doubt Europeans are worried about gaming when their economy is tanking. Maybe after it improves.

The economy is terrible almost everywhere, it doesn't mean there isn't any disposable income at all, in fact the sales of other consoles should show you that there isn't any problem with people affording them. The reality is that the Wii U isn't doing well because of problems with the system itself, no amount of excuses can avoid that fact. Take it from someone who actually lives in the UK, if the Wii U was a more attractive prospect then most people I know could easily afford one.
#7P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 5:06:49 PM(edited)
Here's the problem. Nintendo is doing the same thing they did with the ever-so-successful 3DS. However, because of delays created by not only themselves, but third parties as well, their plan has been skewed to hell and set aback. The plan is still there, and it certainly can still work, but the delays are setting discomfort for those who are relying on present performance. I have no doubt in my mind that the Wii U jump wildly later into the year, but it's going to be quite a wait until then. And not many people are as patient as myself or others.

This year's e3 is going to be BIG.
---
#8CranberryPSOPosted 3/21/2013 5:11:13 PM
I like how Pandaman posts a news article and doesn't try to twist it around. I wish more people on the board would do this.

Kudos for Pandaman for delivering the news fairly.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#9jillwarrenPosted 3/21/2013 5:16:24 PM
CranberryPSO posted...
I like how Pandaman posts a news article and doesn't try to twist it around. I wish more people on the board would do this.

Kudos for Pandaman for delivering the news fairly.

To think that there are some who accuse him ONLY of posting good news.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#10P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 5:18:58 PM
I do rarely post negative articles, but only if they are productive.
---