Nintendo Meeting Uk Retailers Who Are Worried About Wii U Sales

#21The_DjokerPosted 3/21/2013 4:46:03 PM(edited)
Trust me the Wii U is doing better in the US than the UK though not by much.

Nintendo consoles always do better in US, that's where the largest fanbase is. They always have. Go back to the N64. Without the US, N64 would have sold less than the dreamcast. Both N64 and Gamecube had over 70% of it's install base in North america alone. It wasn't until the Wii that Nintendo consoles started to do well in Japan and europe. Megadrive outsold SNEs in Europe.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#22Wiiplayer111Posted 3/21/2013 4:44:23 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
the Japanese company hopes that the strong upcoming line up will improve the situation.

What strong upcoming lineup?

The one they got ready for E3.

You mean Mario kart and smash bros? the same franchises they've had forever. Sure wii U will be helped by those franchises but Wii U needs a Wii Fit or wii sports. Too bad that will never happen since people have gotten over that crap.

I doubt they are going to only show two games in their time slot. And I doubt they'd spend a lot of time on Smash Bros because they already confirmed they could only possibly show screen shots.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#23The_DjokerPosted 3/21/2013 4:46:58 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
the Japanese company hopes that the strong upcoming line up will improve the situation.

You mean Mario kart and smash bros? the same franchises they've had forever. Sure wii U will be helped by those franchises but Wii U needs a Wii Fit or wii sports. Too bad that will never happen since people have gotten over that crap.

I doubt they are going to only show two games in their time slot. And I doubt they'd spend a lot of time on Smash Bros because they already confirmed they could only possibly show screen shots.

My point is those are the sort of games that will drive Wii U sales. With all due respect to shin megami vs Fire emblem..it will be a great game but it's not going to sell systems.
---
#24STE573Posted 3/21/2013 4:47:13 PM
The_Djoker posted...
elheber posted...
Well there ya go. ^ NoE sucks.

Put it this way, I'd take NoA over NoE anyday.

Why? So fat reggie can block games like Project zeo and Xenoblade again? Wii U is failing everywhere. Not just Europe

Not at all, at least you guys have a face for NoA we don't really and it's not so much them blocking games as much as wether to even bother to localise them, because it has to be in several languages. Also Europe has never had a Mother game... Nuff said, I know that is the past but still... Also, waiting for localization sucks, massively. As a die hard Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest fan I know the pain 10 fold living in Europe.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#25The_DjokerPosted 3/21/2013 4:56:07 PM(edited)
The_Djoker posted...
elheber posted...
Well there ya go. ^ NoE sucks.

Put it this way, I'd take NoA over NoE anyday.

Why? So fat reggie can block games like Project zeo and Xenoblade again? Wii U is failing everywhere. Not just Europe

Not at all, at least you guys have a face for NoA we don't really and it's not so much them blocking games as much as wether to even bother to localise them, because it has to be in several languages. Also Europe has never had a Mother game... Nuff said, I know that is the past but still... Also, waiting for localization sucks, massively. As a die hard Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest fan I know the pain 10 fold living in Europe.

I live in UK. i'm not american. And im talking recently. NoE has wiped it's ass over NoA. We don't need a face if it's a fat useless overrated twit like Reggie.

As for Mother games. That has nothing to do with NoE. It's got everything to do with NoJ being a bunch of ass hats.

NoE localised and released special editions for LAst story, xenoblade and Pandora

Without NoE....xenoblade would NOT be localised period. One of the best JRPG's this gen would have not existed in english if NoE didn't bother to localise it. NoA didn't even care until it started to sell well and the rainfall campaign. They didn't even bother to localise Last Story. They just accepted Wii was dead so they ignored those games. Tells you everything you need to know about NoA.

Also you're living in the past. I don't remember waiting long for FF or DQ games this gen. In fact I got FF13 same say as US. DQIX on DS came out just a week after US. Times have changed things have improved.
---
#26Freddy97450Posted 3/21/2013 4:54:41 PM
"The economy" Lol. I'm French and I own two PS3. And i recently bought a third Ps3 for my little brother so we now have three Ps3 at home. I have no problems buying video games on my ps3 either (tomb raided, dead space 3, DMC, etc...). I bought a WiiU day 1 (for Bayonetta 2) but I cannot buy any games on the WiiU since there are not any that are really interesting. That's the reason why people here don't buy the WiiU. I personally just played ZombiU, Nintendoland and Trine 2. Why spend money on a console that does now have the latest AAA games. Without Bayonetta, I would not have bought a WiiU. You think people here are stupid?! This console is absolutely useless today. People will buy it when it has great games on it. The economy has nothing to do with the WiiU not selling in Europe. You fanboys have got to open your eyes and admit the truth...
---
PSN IDs : Freddy97450/BayonettaWITCH
#27Wiiplayer111Posted 3/21/2013 4:55:49 PM
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

My point is those are the sort of games that will drive Wii U sales. With all due respect to shin megami vs Fire emblem..it will be a great game but it's not going to sell systems.

Yeah but its not like we know everything they are going to show. Maybe they do have a huge under wraps line up.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#28The_DjokerPosted 3/21/2013 4:57:16 PM

Yeah but its not like we know everything they are going to show. Maybe they do have a huge under wraps line up.

Just like for wii? lol. Cmon man it's Nintendo. We've known them for decades.
---
#29arvilinoPosted 3/21/2013 5:02:48 PM(edited)
STE573 posted...

Nintendo has no reason to expect sales over here, they treat us badly with the Wii and they aren't marketing a new console at all. For instance I live in a city with 1m people living in it, and they had a COD midnight launch event, they had a Fifa midnight launch event amd they had a Vita midnight launch event. But I had to travel 40 miles to gety Wii U on a midnight launch, to which I gather was a common thing after speaking to people there.

They did have a TV advert, but it was pulled because one guy complained about it being slightly misleading(I think it was since remote play wasn't available for all games or some feature that was part of a Nintendo land game not being available on all games).
#30MotiJrPosted 3/21/2013 5:04:16 PM
Sure the marketing here isn't great but it never has been great. Even with the Wii, it was rare to see much advertising for the system. You would be a fool to ignore the economical factors that are taking place. The UK is headed for a triple dip recession and with all the cuts occurring by the government, very few people are willing to purchase a new gaming system when they could buy food and pay for heating.