Things PS3 has/does that Wii U doesn't

#1MilesTeg420Posted 3/21/2013 5:55:33 PM
So I'll get right to it. Note that some stuff isnt relevant so it won't be included (like plays PS1 games). Also some real minor stuff I won't mention (PS3 supports printers!). Note that PS3 released in 2006, Wii U 2012. Here we go...

* Wii U can't rip CDs to the system. Can't transfer any music to the system. Doesn't allow you to use your own music in game. Wii U obviously hates music.

* Wii U can't play DVDs or Blu Ray discs. No form of movie playback aside from Netflix/Hulu etc.

* Account tied to the system on Wii U, not the person. Games only downloadable on one system per account.

* PSN offers downloadable movies to rent or own. The prices suck but the option is there.

* PSN offers Playstation Plus, a premium service that offers free games and special discounts. As well as automatic downloads and cloud storage for game saves.

* Wii U doesnt allow the use of Bluetooth headsets.

* No trophy/achievement system on Wii U.

* PS3 allows you to rip your digital photos to your system, for viewing and altering on the big screen.

* PS3 browser allows you to download certain files like music or movies. Although Wii U browser is much superior obviously.

* PS3 models offer much more storage space via HDD out of the box than Wii U, which almost requires you purchase additional external HDD.

* PS3 lets you play games in 3D, if supported by the game and your TV.

* PS3 has a digital optical out port for home sound systems, and supports Dolby formats.

* No ethernet port built in on Wii U, additional purchase required for that functionality.

* PS3 allows downloads for some 6th gen games (PS2). No GCN games to download on Wii U.

* PS3 has all the latest 3rd party big game releases, like Bioshock, DMC, MGR, DS3 etc.

* DLC is a lock on PS3. Usually doesn't release for Wii U games.

I'm sure I missed some, but really, the list is quite long as is.
#2Baha05Posted 3/21/2013 5:57:02 PM
Ok and? What's the point of this topic?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3b1gt0nePosted 3/21/2013 6:00:11 PM
Baha05 posted...

He's a little insecure that's all.
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 3/21/2013 6:01:05 PM
You're not wrong, TC. The PS3 does offer a lot more than the Wii U in terms of software, services, and functionality, but this probably would have been better posted in one of the many "Wii U is too expensive" threads as opposed to making an entirely new topic about it.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5258lazaPosted 3/21/2013 6:04:14 PM
While everything here is true, you are missing a few things:

1. Nintendo

2. I will say it again(who knows, maybe I can make this topic span to 69 posts like the last one >.>)

Sony doesn't have enough hate.

And you know what

It never will.
---
The official Arc of the Final Fantasy XV boards!
#6greatone101Posted 3/21/2013 6:04:37 PM
Baha05 posted...

The point is he is saying the Wii U should have had some or most of these features. I own both a Wii U and PS3 and its so sad to call a Wii U next gen.

Even though Wii U graphics are slightly better than PS3 i still think the PS3 is more "next gen" than the Wii U.
#7MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:05:52 PM
I typed that on my Wii U. I just now realized how many features the Wii U is lacking compared to a console that is so old, figured I would bring it up.
#8Baha05Posted 3/21/2013 6:05:58 PM
greatone101 posted...
The point is he is saying the Wii U should have had some or most of these features. I own both a Wii U and PS3 and its so sad to call a Wii U next gen.

Even though Wii U graphics are slightly better than PS3 i still think the PS3 is more "next gen" than the Wii U.

It's called updates and not all systems are the same.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9DiscostewSMPosted 3/21/2013 6:06:07 PM
PS3ssurance threads aren't allowed here. Only Wiisurrance threads.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10Solid SonicPosted 3/21/2013 6:06:15 PM
Oh dear. If the PS3's agitation of the 360 board isn't enough...
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.