Things PS3 has/does that Wii U doesn't

#111anon_firePosted 3/22/2013 10:29:36 AM
CitizenCraig posted...
After reading TC's list, you've got to be an absolute fool to buy a WiiU over a PS3.

Wrong. I bought the Wii U for games and only games. I don't need DVD or Blu-Ray on my console.
---
NNID: alaz21
#112Baha05Posted 3/22/2013 11:00:50 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
DLC isnt varied when the other platforms get the same exact thing, meanwhile Wii U gets nothing. That is far from varied. Exclusive DLC is one thing, not getting any at all is quite different.

Except it is, as again exclusives exists, meaning there is DLC other console aren't getting. And besides that the Wii U DOES get DLC.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#113Waggy17Posted 3/22/2013 11:35:26 AM
andrea987 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
andrea987 posted...
Don't have time to research it all and can't be bothered, to be honest. I'm both a Sony and a Nintendo fan, but some of the stuff you said are either wrong or don't make much sense, at least the way you expressed them. Just a few: Wii U CAN play games in 3D, if game and tv supports it. As far as I know, there are bluetooth headset that are working with the Wii U, if I recall correctly the Sony Pulse works with it, funnily enough. The Wii U is fully BC with previous generation (Wii), no need to 'download' Wii games. Gamecube games? Who knows. And who cares? Wii U and PS3 are both great machines, just enjoy them and stop comparing them. BTW, just got NFSMWU today, and it's awesome!

There are not any Wii U games to play in 3D. Wii U does not support any Bluetooth headset. I said nothing about downloading Wii games, not sure where you got that.

You said ps3 allows you to download some last gen game (ps2). Last gen games for the wii u are the wii games, did you not know that? Assassin creed 3 for wii u plays in 3D, if you have a 3DTV, of course. And look on youtube, you'll find a video showing the sony pulse wireless headset working with the wii u.

No 3DTV required for 3D on AC3
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#114Waggy17Posted 3/22/2013 11:41:51 AM
Something Wii U does that PS3 doesn't: 1080p through component cable.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#115DarkMasterShakePosted 3/22/2013 11:52:00 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Now list some of the games worth getting.

There's like... what... eight? Nine?

Not even.

I used those features a lot more than I play games on my PS3. I use it for tunes while I'm working out, or cooking, and sometimes play some SR3 if I'm really bored.

Can't say the same about the WiiU, which is used for games, games, and more games.
Within the rather short amount of time I've spent with it (roughly 60 hours), I've rocked out to NSMBU and DSII, far more than any game on the PS3 (which isusually only on for a few hours out of the day). And yes, I know DS2 is on the PS3, I'm not getting it for a while, I'll wait a bit.

Didn't read the whole thread yet but I would like to stop and say that this guys is a liar.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#116MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:52:36 AM
Waggy17 posted...

It also cuts off part of the screen when playing on an SD TV. I would say that has about the same relevancy that 1080p through component has or more.
#117DemonDog666Posted 3/22/2013 12:12:58 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
Isn't the point that a new system should at least be comparable to current systems, if not offer more, in regard to features? How late into the PS3's life cycle a feature was added is pretty irrelevant.

Exactly why is that concept so hard to understand.

bnui_ransder posted...
Isnt this common sense? Just about everything has something over another thing.

The only thing I see in this topic is "Oh heyyyy look how much better my stuff is than yours! lololol"

Which is why I own multiple consoles and im not the type of idiot that thinks one is better than the other and I cant enjoy one if I like the other. The only thing I have never owned is an xbox.

What does wiiU have over ps3/360? Even the tablet controller is iffy since ps3 has vita and 360 has that tablet connective thing.
#118mjc0961Posted 3/22/2013 12:41:32 PM(edited)
MilesTeg420 posted...
* Wii U can't rip CDs to the system. Can't transfer any music to the system. Doesn't allow you to use your own music in game. Wii U obviously hates music.

Neither does PS3 unless the game is specifically programmed to allow it. It is not a system wide feature like on 360.

MilesTeg420 posted...
* Wii U doesnt allow the use of Bluetooth headsets.

Bluetooth headsets have crappy voice and audio quality. They sound okay for cell phones because cell phones themselves have crappy voice and audio quality, but for voice chat on PC or consoles... No. They suck and you shouldn't use one. I always use a USB headset when I chat on PS3 so people can actually hear me and so I can actually hear people.

MilesTeg420 posted...
* PS3 allows you to rip your digital photos to your system, for viewing and altering on the big screen.

Who cares? No, seriously, who cares? Does anyone ever use that?

MilesTeg420 posted...
* PS3 has a digital optical out port for home sound systems, and supports Dolby formats.

* No ethernet port built in on Wii U, additional purchase required for that functionality.

These two I'll give you, Nintendo f***ed up in both regards. And even with the adapter, having your internet speed capped by the USB 2.0 transfer speeds... WTF, Nintendo? And no optical audio out, come on, even Microsoft got their head out of their ass and added one to the 360.

Waggy17 posted...

That's about as dumb to mention as the digital photos thing. Who cares? If you have an HDTV, you're going to use an HDMI cable for better picture and audio quality. If you have an SDTV, 1080p doesn't matter because you have a goddamn SDTV. And if you have an HDTV and are using component cables, stop it! The Wii U came with an HDMI cable, use it and never go back to component ever again.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#119mjc0961Posted 3/22/2013 12:46:43 PM
andrea987 posted...
And look on youtube, you'll find a video showing the sony pulse wireless headset working with the wii u.

You mean this Sony Pulse wireless headset?

http://store.sony.com/p/PS3-Wireless-Headphones/en/p/PS399037

The one with the USB dongle, which means it clearly is not bluetooth?

Also proving that it's not bluetooth is that it's a virtual surround sound headset, not a standard headset just for voice chatting. You aren't going to put surround sound over bluetooth because again, bluetooth's audio quality is poo.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#120TrueBlue91Posted 3/22/2013 12:50:35 PM
anon_fire posted...
CitizenCraig posted...
After reading TC's list, you've got to be an absolute fool to buy a WiiU over a PS3.

Wrong. I bought the Wii U for games and only games.

You must really regret your purchase then.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me