Once Nintendo releases Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda, they will be fine

#21Tsutarja495Posted 3/21/2013 7:53:40 PM
wheepitup posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Funny how you're so sure about two games that aren't even out yet. There's a reason Nintendo games keep coming out, and that's the fact that people still buy them. People WANT more.

I am sure of them due to video previews and the developer's reputation for making great new IPs. (Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream).

I don't want more. I want less of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. How about a franchise that hasn't gotten any love lately with a new game, like Earthbound or Starfox?

People as in, the millions who buy them. Not you.
#22Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 3/21/2013 7:53:57 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
Talk about Wii U's failure in 2016. We all know Nintendo will be launching big guns this year and next year.

False.

Gamecube, N64 failed even with those games.

Wii's sales success wasn't because of those either, it was because of the casuals who has gone now to ios, android and facebook gaming apps. Nintendo is done.

Neither of those systems were failures, especially in terms of profit.

You're missing the point kid.

Those games won't save Wii U. that's a fact.

No I'm not. The point you were trying to make was that N64 and Gamecube failed.......they didn't.

I could care less about if the Wii U fails or not, I only want it for Smash anyway.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs. UMVC3: Chris/Strange/Amaterasu
#23KolanifvPosted 3/21/2013 7:56:59 PM
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...
Talk about Wii U's failure in 2016. We all know Nintendo will be launching big guns this year and next year.

What if they've already lost their shelf space in major retailers by then? We know Costco is cutting back on Wii space, it looks like Wal Mart is headed that way.
#24Dr_FacerPosted 3/21/2013 8:09:23 PM
oOo_SOX_oOo posted...

And if it comes to that, this would be the fourth time in a row Nintendo has to keep a system alive with their own franchises while third party developers pretty much ignore them.

The question is, if that happens, will it work this time? The Wii U isn't a handheld, you know.
#25wheepitupPosted 3/21/2013 8:11:36 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
wheepitup posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Funny how you're so sure about two games that aren't even out yet. There's a reason Nintendo games keep coming out, and that's the fact that people still buy them. People WANT more.

I am sure of them due to video previews and the developer's reputation for making great new IPs. (Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream).

I don't want more. I want less of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. How about a franchise that hasn't gotten any love lately with a new game, like Earthbound or Starfox?

People as in, the millions who buy them. Not you.

Kinda like the millions who bought a Wii U? Oh wait...
---
Me - http://i45.tinypic.com/v3zukg.jpg
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
#26ADHDguitarPosted 3/21/2013 8:14:40 PM
wheepitup posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Those are still old franchises.

Also, the reason Sony pumped out SO MANY good new IP's this gen is because they really didn't have all that many. The PS2 ran off of 3rd party games, but the 360 came in and dominated that area, so they kinda had to.

So far we're already seeing Killzone, Infamous and Uncharted coming to PS4. I don't see the problem with franchises sticking around.

Oh, and if you want less Mario, Zelda and Metroid (even though we've had a whopping total of TWO games from the latter two series for the past 7 years), don't but them.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2