Starcraft 2 would play well on the Wii U

#11MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 3/22/2013 4:08:38 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
The Wii U controller would be no better than any other controller for an RTS. I don't know what makes you people think that.

mad? Yes it would now deal!

Not only that but games like league of legends, starcraft, diablo, and torchlight

Since that reply made no sense, I will again state that it would be no better than any other controller. If you think that screen is going to somehow make it better, then you are kidding yourself only.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#12BakaIdiotPosted 3/22/2013 5:59:30 AM
shaunme posted...
trying to play it with that cpu would be a slide show

Ya PS4 won't be able to handle the game either.
#13blm03vPosted 3/22/2013 6:11:26 AM
shaunme posted...

My old laptop ran WoL very well, and I'm pretty sure its weaker than the Wii U.
#14shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 6:14:08 AM
BakaIdiot posted...
shaunme posted...

Ya PS4 won't be able to handle the game either.

time will tell.......
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#15xLittlekillxPosted 3/22/2013 6:17:40 AM
shaunme posted...

Yeah, starcraft 2's 1999 graphics would really kill it.
#16PraetorXynPosted 3/22/2013 7:17:20 AM
xLittlekillx posted...
shaunme posted...

Starcraft 2 is CPU intensive, not GPU intensive. It's easy to run the game smoothly for most CPU's, but when you have massive numbers of units battling it out in one place, the frame rate will drop substantially if the CPU isn't half decent (assuming you have the graphics on anything other than "Low").

TC has either:
A) Never played Starcraft
B) Is so terrible at Starcraft he has no idea what Hotkeys are

/Thread
#17DaLaggaPosted 3/22/2013 7:47:29 AM(edited)
PraetorXyn posted...
Starcraft 2 is CPU intensive, not GPU intensive. It's easy to run the game smoothly for most CPU's, but when you have massive numbers of units battling it out in one place, the frame rate will drop substantially if the CPU isn't half decent (assuming you have the graphics on anything other than "Low").

TC has either:
A) Never played Starcraft
B) Is so terrible at Starcraft he has no idea what Hotkeys are

/Thread

This is exactly true. While I think the touch screen would maybe be slightly better than using a controller, it still wouldn't work because there's a severe lack of buttons and having to drag your finger over the screen constantly would obstruct your view. I also agree that Starcraft 2 is a lot more system intensive than many people may realize because there's so much going on at one time.
#18shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 7:49:25 AM
xLittlekillx posted...
shaunme posted...

knows nothing about anything.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#19Vuts_UpPosted 3/22/2013 8:23:43 AM
Many people have to watch a map called "unit preloader" every time they log onto starcraft just to play at all -_- it was the top map for awhile, how sad is that? It still baffles me how cpu intensive this damn game is, I mean on lowest settings it looks like a crappy cartoon but still can't run once big battles start going. There's only ONE massing (Customs map) on SC2, Halo wars and it lags like everyones on a 56k modem. People can actually deliberately drop other players in some games (Like the #1 map, Squadron Tower defence) just by building a bunch of zergling towers or spamming income units, though the game usually crawls to a stop on it's own anyways at the end. Hell they had to remove the faster gameplay speed option from the map. Starcraft 2 will not run decently on consoles.
#20OtakuGameraPosted 3/22/2013 8:27:11 AM
resistive just made it impossible
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg