Wii U not getting Battlefield 4?

#41ymmac1707Posted 3/27/2013 4:12:11 AM
Off -TV play is sufficient Gamepad use for me. its a huge Plus, again a huge plus
#42TheBonfiniPosted 3/27/2013 4:14:03 AM
Wow Nintendo only gamers are selfish. If they don't like a game they are happy a massively successful and praised series isn't coming to their system as if it will tarnish it.

Pathetic attitude and the reason developers won't risk releasing more games. The hardware can certainly handle the gimped port if PS3 can. People should be livid that Nintendo dropped the ball again with third party support.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#43Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/27/2013 5:47:44 AM
Wow the people on this board are so bitter. EA does what is best for them, not what is best for nintendo. You all are just gonna have to get over it.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i.imgur.com/7AUmapo.gif
#44sythe343Posted 3/27/2013 5:51:17 AM
bond465 posted...
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/wii-u-not-getting-battlefield-4/

It didnt get BF3, and will most likely not get BF4.

I say good. EA has slowly been making itself look worse in my eyes. I'm gonna think twice about buying anything they put out right now.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield NNID: MaybeBatman
#45MasterLink2012Posted 3/27/2013 5:51:29 AM
Yeah, so?
It's not like the WiiU is missing something. BF4 is just the same as BF3 lol
#46tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/27/2013 5:54:05 AM
Posted this in another thread, but this one seems to be more active:

I most likely wasn't interested in this one anyway, but this is really too bad.

Why can't anyone tell us the truth, and just say, "We don't anticipate selling enough copies to recoup the cost of porting the game to Wii U."

Also, if what Ubisoft claimed is true, and that a PS360 -> Wii U port only costs $1 million give or take, that means the game only has to sell around 30,000 copies (at full price) to be profitable.

A Wii U release day and date with the other platforms would FAR from set the world on fire, but 30,000 should be no problem whatsoever. Even Mass Effect 3 (10 months late, no DLC support, trilogy launched at the same price on other platforms at the same time) supposedly managed more than that.

So either the porting costs are drastically higher than Ubisoft claims, or EA is just giving Nintendo the middle finger again for little/no reason.
#47thundercat2600Posted 3/27/2013 5:57:36 AM
Bombs away
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#48thundercat2600Posted 3/27/2013 6:07:26 AM
EA sucks anywaylmao
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#49Baha05Posted 3/27/2013 6:15:21 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
EA sucks anywaylmao

As a publisher that's pretty much true.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#50atopp399Posted 3/27/2013 6:19:50 AM(edited)
I am glad Nintendo will not bend over for EA. Origin is not needed and should not be required. Nintendo has good enough 1st party games and a few rare good 3rd party games to get them by just fine. I am glad they are taking a stand against companies like EA. I haven't bought an EA game since BAttlefield 2 and I honestly have not missed any of the games. SimCity was and still is a disaster and that was the only game I was remotely interested in.

Everyone knows you go with Sony or MS for big 3rd party titles and you go with Nintendo for the great 1st party games anyway. Nintendo isn't "losing" any customers by doing this, they just aren't gaining any.

I love how people posting in these forums seem to know Nintendo is doomed or whatever. If they were really hurting that much they would make concessions to companies like EA and they clearly are not. Nintendo is and will always be just fine with what they do offer..