What's the best gaming deal you've made?

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 3/21/2013 9:57:10 PM
Mine...

I always wanted a Dreamcast, mainly because of Toy Commander.

So last year my older brother and mam, came upto me and said "here, 100 is your budget, get a DC for your birthday, we can't think of a thing to get you that you don't already own so get a bundle you want".

So I was overjoyed and went to work, I eventually found an 18 game bundle with a Light Gun, VMU and Pad.

Out of the 18, I kept and loved 12.

Because I owned 1 already (Code Veronica on NGC), 3 were sports titles I had no interest in (Tee Off an F1 and NBA game), the light gun doesn't work on LED T.V's so HOTD2 was out and the final game to mention was what makes this my best deal, Project Justice Rival Schools 2.

Because I found out much later that Project, is rare in the U.K, so overall out of a 100 bundle I got a ton of stuff I love and I made 60 selling 6 of the games off. And all that cash went to other DC stuff I needed.

So it was essentially like I'd made my own bundle, lol. And they were overjoyed because they knew I'd got a DC I really wanted for the 100 budget.

Story over.

For anyone who is at all like me, not knowing the other stuff would drive me nuts, so while the story is over, this is for those people.

12 in the bundle.

Sonic Adventure, Shenmue 1, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Power Stone 1 & 2, Mr Driller, Chu Chu Rocket, Soul Calibur, MDK 2, Marvel VS Capcom 2 and Rayman 2 (the eagerly awaited PS4 launch title).

Stuff I bought from the 60.

Marvel Vs Capcom 1, Metropolis Street Racer, Quake 3, 3 pads, 4 VMU's and a scart cable.

Which incidentally was my second best deal as all that was from 1 guy and was all brand new and sealed, he knocked some cash off and I plugged him in a vid on youtube :)

He was overjoyed as it helped business and I was overjoyed as I got more for my buck.

Lovely jubbly.
#2overkillwfo1978Posted 3/21/2013 10:07:43 PM
Steam winter sale on PC, easily.

Bought over 70 games for just under $400. It really makes you look at paying $60 for a game in a different light....
---
But the PS4 has GDDR5 RAM. That's 2 more than DDR3! I bet PCs will take at least 5 years to catch up to this beast.
- SUPER3METROIDX
#3DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:52:31 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Steam winter sale on PC, easily.

Bought over 70 games for just under $400. It really makes you look at paying $60 for a game in a different light....

Yeah, first time users can get Valve packs for like 25 for 20 items.

And the SquareEnix Eidos pack is usually an amazing deal.
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/22/2013 2:58:18 AM
My younger brother's friend was selling a bunch of his stuff. Wii, two remotes, two nunchucks, Nyko charging station with two battery packs, sensor bar, power supply, composite cables, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, all for $160. That was probably a year or two after Wii's launch.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5DarthBadgerPosted 3/22/2013 2:59:49 AM
I bought two 360s afflicted with RROD for $20, fixed them both, sold one for $50 and kept the other. $30 profit plus working 360.

Other than that, I bought a handful of N64 games, including some classics for $10 or so, played them for 4-5 years, then sold Smash Bros alone for $15 and the rest for a few buck a piece. Years of entertainment sold for profit.

Also bought a "broken" PSone with FF: Tactics and a few forgettable games on ebay for $5 plus $3 shipping...The video cable was bad so I used a universal video cable I had. Paid $8 for so many hours of play.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#6Chocobo115Posted 3/22/2013 3:16:32 AM
when I turned a crazy random $2 bet into enough money for a 360 and 5 games with it. (That I haven't played it much since, is another story)
#7shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 3:17:48 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Mine...

I always wanted a Dreamcast, mainly because of Toy Commander.

So last year my older brother and mam, came upto me and said "here, 100 is your budget, get a DC for your birthday, we can't think of a thing to get you that you don't already own so get a bundle you want".

So I was overjoyed and went to work, I eventually found an 18 game bundle with a Light Gun, VMU and Pad.

Out of the 18, I kept and loved 12.

Because I owned 1 already (Code Veronica on NGC), 3 were sports titles I had no interest in (Tee Off an F1 and NBA game), the light gun doesn't work on LED T.V's so HOTD2 was out and the final game to mention was what makes this my best deal, Project Justice Rival Schools 2.

Because I found out much later that Project, is rare in the U.K, so overall out of a 100 bundle I got a ton of stuff I love and I made 60 selling 6 of the games off. And all that cash went to other DC stuff I needed.

So it was essentially like I'd made my own bundle, lol. And they were overjoyed because they knew I'd got a DC I really wanted for the 100 budget.

Story over.

For anyone who is at all like me, not knowing the other stuff would drive me nuts, so while the story is over, this is for those people.

12 in the bundle.

Sonic Adventure, Shenmue 1, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Power Stone 1 & 2, Mr Driller, Chu Chu Rocket, Soul Calibur, MDK 2, Marvel VS Capcom 2 and Rayman 2 (the eagerly awaited PS4 launch title).

Stuff I bought from the 60.

Marvel Vs Capcom 1, Metropolis Street Racer, Quake 3, 3 pads, 4 VMU's and a scart cable.

Which incidentally was my second best deal as all that was from 1 guy and was all brand new and sealed, he knocked some cash off and I plugged him in a vid on youtube :)

He was overjoyed as it helped business and I was overjoyed as I got more for my buck.

Lovely jubbly.

sega saturn......9 games..........15!!!
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#8stekim40Posted 3/22/2013 3:27:17 AM
Atari 2600 vcs in its box and 72 game cartridges!

All for 20 and it was last year. Bargain of the century!!!
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#9DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 3:38:13 AM(edited)
Chocobo115 posted...
when I turned a crazy random $2 bet into enough money for a 360 and 5 games with it. (That I haven't played it much since, is another story)

Mind if I ask what the bet was?

I'm assuming a sports accumulator?

Some very impressive deals been listed here :)
#10shootsmackPosted 3/22/2013 3:37:28 AM
Mint (except case which I replaced) copy of Eternal Darkneas with manuals and inserts for 10 dollars from a small town Blockbuster in 2008.

I also got the Zelda Collector's disc (1, 2, OOT, MM) sealed for free in 2005 when I worked for an electronic retailer.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.