Publishers twice as keen on ps4 and durango than wii u (LINK)

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Publishers twice as keen on ps4 and durango than wii u (LINK)
3 years ago#1
http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/21/publishers-twice-as-keen-on-ps4-and-durango-than-wii-u/
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
3 years ago#2
at least you have links and not just hahahahahaha poor wii u
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
3 years ago#3
So basically no one is releasing for consoles next geh. What a crap article.
3 years ago#4
Gdboyratedloud posted...
at least you have links and not just hahahahahaha poor wii u


i always bring facts baby.
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
3 years ago#5
MilesTeg420 posted...
So basically no one is releasing for consoles next geh. What a crap article.


a majority develops and releases games for PC...
3 years ago#6
Looks like motion contollers were a fad after all and didnt become the new standard in the industry.
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
3 years ago#7
60% of the publishers said they almost never release physical retail copies...

So much for a valid poll -__-
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
3 years ago#8
ElectricMole posted...
Looks like motion contollers were a fad after all and didnt become the new standard in the industry.


Thank goodness for that.
Wiimotes & Playstation move are nice for rail shooters thoo.
And kinnect at least got the Dance Central games which doesn't make the Kinnect completly worthless.
3 years ago#9
You have to keep in mind this is game publishers of all shapes and sizes. The 60% on consoles is due to the fact that many small and indy developers only go digital, making up the other 40%.

Many game publishers that are smaller are chasing the Angry Birds model, hoping their game becomes a massive hit using a non-traditional pricing structure to make money. Whether it is freemium, free-to-play, DLC, or a traditional price tag, the gaming industry is changing.

When I read articles like this, I simply laugh because for as much grief as Iwata gets running Nintendo, he gave the key note speech at the 2012 GDC (youtube or google it), and he said that ALL game developers should be reimbursed for their work and should not give it a away for free. I agree with that sentiment. I still personally believe the consoles will be fine next gen (although with much lower sales numbers) because people will want to continue to play long games with compelling story-lines, mechanics, and game play on a dedicated console.
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
3 years ago#10
DBPanterA posted...
You have to keep in mind this is game publishers of all shapes and sizes. The 60% on consoles is due to the fact that many small and indy developers only go digital, making up the other 40%.

Many game publishers that are smaller are chasing the Angry Birds model, hoping their game becomes a massive hit using a non-traditional pricing structure to make money. Whether it is freemium, free-to-play, DLC, or a traditional price tag, the gaming industry is changing.

When I read articles like this, I simply laugh because for as much grief as Iwata gets running Nintendo, he gave the key note speech at the 2012 GDC (youtube or google it), and he said that ALL game developers should be reimbursed for their work and should not give it a away for free. I agree with that sentiment. I still personally believe the consoles will be fine next gen (although with much lower sales numbers) because people will want to continue to play long games with compelling story-lines, mechanics, and game play on a dedicated console.


dedicated consoles are here to stay .
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Publishers twice as keen on ps4 and durango than wii u (LINK)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived