Did Nintendo seriously think Nintendoland and NSMBU would suffice for months???

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/22/2013 2:13:07 AM(edited)
I mean Nintendo takes pride in saying they have been in the gaming business a long time etc... but why the F*** were they so dumb in their decision making for the Wii U?

I mean did they say:

"Lets release Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros U. Then for like 6 months no games from us and we release Pikmin 3 because its such a wanted system seller title and then lets wait another 4-5 months and release a remake of Zelda WW gamecube game and then finally at christmas we release Super Mario U and Mario Kart U!"

WOW brilliant!
Lets not release anything for months!

Then the average gamers finished Nintendoland and NSMBU in the first month.

No new AAA Nintendo games so far in 2013 and we are almost in April.
This is like 4 months without Nintendo games.

Gamecube had Luigi's Mansion and Smash Bros Melee out by now.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2Chocobo115Posted 3/22/2013 2:03:10 AM
I think they thought 3rd party would release more games if Nintendo waited with the major titles.
Shame they didn't prepare any more first party titles they could throw in when things started to go bad :/
#3MathewMansonPosted 3/22/2013 2:04:25 AM
My favourite thing about people like you...

Basically, the way I look at this is when a young boy picks on a girl, he usually likes this girl. That's how I feel when people pick at Nintendo, especially the ones wanting them to go third party. You guys hate their games, and apparently all Nintendo has is Mario...yet you all want them to go third party. Why? You want to play those games even though you hate them? So it's not the games you play, you're all playing companies and brands?
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#4Chocobo115Posted 3/22/2013 2:07:04 AM
MathewManson posted...

Basically, the way I look at this is when a young boy picks on a girl, he usually likes this girl. That's how I feel when people pick at Nintendo, especially the ones wanting them to go third party. You guys hate their games, and apparently all Nintendo has is Mario...yet you all want them to go third party. Why? You want to play those games even though you hate them? So it's not the games you play, you're all playing companies and brands?

Never said I hate their games, I just don't like their hardware.
#5fuzi11Posted 3/22/2013 2:16:25 AM
Especially as Mario U is finished after 7 to 10 hours. I haven't touched it since I finished it in December. And I got it for christmas
#6HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:16:33 AM
MathewManson posted...

I have a PS3 for online, multiplayer, friends list, dlc, digital games, downloads and 3rd party games.

and will get the PS4 for the same reason I use my PS3.

BUT I get Nintendo consoles ONLY for Nintendo games.
Does Nintendo really think I want to buy Mass Effect 3 or Assassins Creed 3 or Batman Arkham Asylum for the Wii U?

NOPE!

Only Nintendo fanboys that own the wii u as their only console will buy 3rd party games for it because they do not own a ps3 or 360.
so of course "they" complain about not getting 3rd party titles >_>

But for gamers like myself Nintendo consoles are ONLY for Nintendo games and everything else I could care less about.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#7GdboyratedloudPosted 3/22/2013 2:24:49 AM
January= dry
February= Rayman Legends(delayed) and Crysis 3(was ready to go EA said NO!)
MArch= Lego City, MH3U, NfsMWU
April= Injustice,
May=Resident Evil, Deus Ex
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#8shaunmePosted 3/22/2013 2:28:16 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
MathewManson posted...

Never said I hate their games, I just don't like their hardware.

this a million times over..........cheapest s.o.b on the planet.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#9Wario_manPosted 3/22/2013 2:30:08 AM(edited)
I still haven't picked one up, I keep coming back here hoping for news on something that'll make me pick one up but there's still nothing. I'm sure there's a couple more things available in America but here in Aus the Wii U line up is a barren wasteland. Nintendo could have waited longer to make the system better (they were talking about the limitations of the system months before it was even out) and to have games for it. New Super Mario Bros. is a lazy garbage series and always has been. Even if I got Nintendoland free with the system I doubt I'd ever put it in my console. I don't know what it is they expect to happen.

Gdboyratedloud posted...
January= dry
April= Injustice,

Wow, one (or two, I don't know if MH is) exclusives and more games we can play better on last gen consoles. Brilliant.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#10GdboyratedloudPosted 3/22/2013 2:58:17 AM
Wario_man posted...
I still haven't picked one up, I keep coming back here hoping for news on something that'll make me pick one up but there's still nothing. I'm sure there's a couple more things available in America but here in Aus the Wii U line up is a barren wasteland. Nintendo could have waited longer to make the system better (they were talking about the limitations of the system months before it was even out) and to have games for it. New Super Mario Bros. is a lazy garbage series and always has been. Even if I got Nintendoland free with the system I doubt I'd ever put it in my console. I don't know what it is they expect to happen.

Gdboyratedloud posted...
January= dry
April= Injustice,

Wow, one (or two, I don't know if MH is) exclusives and more games we can play better on last gen consoles. Brilliant.

thats 3 exclusives. Also you dnt know how Crysis would have ran and Injustice isnt out yet. NFS is the definitve console version. You fail
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over