Did Nintendo seriously think Nintendoland and NSMBU would suffice for months???

#41The_BoredomsPosted 3/22/2013 6:38:42 AM
MathewManson posted...
My favourite thing about people like you...

Basically, the way I look at this is when a young boy picks on a girl, he usually likes this girl. That's how I feel when people pick at Nintendo, especially the ones wanting them to go third party. You guys hate their games, and apparently all Nintendo has is Mario...yet you all want them to go third party. Why? You want to play those games even though you hate them? So it's not the games you play, you're all playing companies and brands?

A relationship comparison is actually pretty apt. When you're with someone you care about for a long time, you love them very deeply, but you also resent a lot of the things they do and deep down you hate them a little bit.
#42wisemiddsPosted 3/22/2013 7:27:02 AM
AlexPuma posted...
To compare, by this time in the Nintendo 64's lifespan, a console infamous for having an extremely dry launch, we had: Super Mario 64 (exclusive), Pilotwings 64 (exclusive), WaveRace 64 (exclusive), Cruis'n USA (arcade port), Killer Instinct Gold (arcade port), Mortal Kombat Trilogy (multiplatform, has exclusive content), and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (exclusive, later ported to PC). And in the next month, would get Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (exclusive), Mario Kart 64 (exclusive) and Yoshi's Story (exclusive). Not to mention, Star Fox 64 (exclusive) was on the horizon.

Sorry if I feel entitled for wanting the Wii U to have games 5 months in its life cycle.

This, but the drones just can't see it for some reason
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#43_Sovereign_Posted 3/22/2013 7:43:03 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
MathewManson posted...

I have a PS3 for online, multiplayer, friends list, dlc, digital games, downloads and 3rd party games.

Only Nintendo fanboys that own the wii u as their only console will buy 3rd party games for it because they do not own a ps3 or 360.
so of course "they" complain about not getting 3rd party titles >_>

I have a PS3 for all that too...

Of course somebody who only owns one console will get 3rd party releases for that console...it'd be stupid not too!
However, I own Batman, AC, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden, & NFS on Wii U. Why? because I waited for their release, so I had some games to play on my shiny new console. I will also buy the Mass Effect trilogy if they decide to release it, even though I already own it on PS3.

I can almost bet that if you found out Watch Dogs ( or any 3rd party title you want) comes out on PS4 a few months later than PS3, you'd either buy it twice, or wait for the one to play on your PS4, since there will be a game drought, just like every console.

If you only own a Nintendo console for exclusives that's fine, but stop trying to insult people when they don't appeal to your set of life choices. My PS3 has become my exclusives machine and the Wii U is everything else now, but you don't see me berating you for not doing what I've done.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#44Tom_Green_IIPosted 3/22/2013 7:45:43 AM
sonicsonic posted...
Tom_Green_II posted...
BiZzArR0 posted...
Admittedly only grazing the topic, I would like to remind the fanboys who think anything about wanting Ninty to go third party doesn't mean the user in question is all like "lol i wish nintendo would die" because it's actually "I want to play Nintendo branded games on hardware that actually has more than one game worth playing at the moment on it, and not on the new release system that has ports of games I could have bought last year on systems I alredy have".

This so much

PS4- Diablo 3 confirmed... And a a lot of other ports... with a lot of them having PS3 releases as well.

......and your point?

PS3 also has exclusives, a functional online store and a ridiculously beneficial pay service.

If Nintendo games started showing up on PS and Xbox systems, guaranteed they would sell better than on any Nintendo system